Chapter One Hundred Twenty Nine

I was just getting done bandaging Ba Weis wound when there was hard pounding on my door

I was just getting done bandaging Ba Weis wound when there was hard pounding on my door. I let out a sigh and got up from where I was kneeling and made my way over to the door. When I opened it I was met by Kang Wu who looked a bit rough himself. I cocked an eyebrow and was about to question him about it but he didn't even give me a chance to ask it. He just pushed his way into my apartment and didn't even take off his shoes. Dick.

"Where is he?"

"He's on the couch. Sleeping," I said closing the door.

I watched the tall rugged man walk over to the couch and look over the boy that lay there. I heard a sigh come from him before he glanced up at me.

"You did this," he said pointing at what I'm assuming to be the bandage. I just nodded and leaned against the island in my kitchen. "You're quite good at that aren't you?"

I didn't say anything and just stared at him. Am I just imagining things or does this guy seem to be a bit hostile towards me. I scratched the back of my head and let out a sigh.

"I guess I am."

"I wonder where you got these skills from."

I narrowed my eyes, "I wasn't always the well mannered type."

He leaned down and touched Ba Weis forehead, "oh I bet."

I didn't say anything and the room fell into silence. I just stood there and watched him just stare at Ba Wei. I was confused on why Ba Wei even asked me to call the guy. Initially I thought he would take him home or something but no he's just standing in my house looking at him sleeping.

"Um, are you going to stand there all night?"

He looked up at me, "he told you to call me correct?" I nodded. "Then probably at least until he wakes up."

"That's an issue because I have to go to sleep, and you being here will make that impossible."

"Well, I guess you'll be up all night. It's not like you don't do that anyway."

"Look if you have something you want to say to me. Just say it. I'm not one for beating around the bush."

He stared at me for a few minutes before he started to speak, "I just don't like people who lie."

"Good I don't either."

He laughed a bit, "that's comedy coming from a compulsive liar."

"What exactly makes me a compulsive liar? I have never spoken to you enough for you to even come to that conclusion."

"I've heard enough from your little friend."

What fucking friend? I don't have any friends. The only person I considered one was the guy laying on that couch sleeping. I just stood there silent staring at Kang Wu. I had thought the guy liked me a little bit but I see when Ba Wei's not conscious then all his nice behavior goes out the window.

"I don't have any friends so I don't know where you're getting your information."

Kang Wu let out a sigh and started to walk over to me. In truth the guy was threatening but not that much to make me cower. His face was not colder than Ba Weis so I don't know why he was trying to appear any more threatening.

"Really," he said as he leaned against the back of the couch, "Cheng De isn't your friend then?"

"Hell no."

"Then why does he talk about you as if you are?" I didn't say anything and just kept his gaze. "Have you even told Ba Wei about the baggage that comes with you?"

Here we go again. Every time that guy gets ahold of someone that's close to me he has to tell them everything about me. Some things about people never change. I would lie and said I was afraid of what Kang Wu knew but at this point I don't even care anymore. I had succeeded for half of year without anyone finding out about my past so it doesn't surprise me that it will eventually find its way out into the open.

"It depends on the baggage you're referring to."

Kang Wu chuckled, "we both know I'm referring to the body that you've tried to hide."

"Ah Cheng De told you about that too."

"No, I just asked around. You and your fathers name doesn't really have the greatest reputation."

I couldn't help but laugh a little, "can you get to the point you're trying to make."

"Have you told him yet?"

I glanced at the couch then back to him, "he hasn't asked so I haven't told him."

He didn't say anything and just stared at me. As I stared at the guy I thought I'd feel a bit uneasy but in truth I was just angry. Angry at the fact that he was sticking his nose in somewhere it didn't belong. Sure I was dating someone close to him but it gives him no right to asked around about me.

"Is that how you justify keeping things from him."

"Look, Kang Wu I'm trying to be nice to you but don't make my life harder."

He laughed, "is that a threat?"

"If you hear one."

"For a boy that only has a powerful father you talk a lot of shit."

"I don't need my father to solve my problems. You should know that if you asked around about me."

"Really, so you don't ask your father to clean up your messes."

"No," I cleared my throat.

In truth the subject matter made me a bit uncomfortable. It's true that my father cleans up my messes but I never asked the man to do that. He always does that himself. Half of the shit he solved for me could've been solved by me if he had just waited. Instead he used under the table tactics to get the outcome he wanted.

"You're lying again."

"If you think I am then I won't try to change your mind. It's never been my style, but Kang Wu."

He didn't break eye contact, "Hmm?"

"Do me a favor," I said pushing myself off the counter. "Don't look into me again."

"And why is that? Scared of what I'd discover."

"No, I just don't want to be reminded of the skeletons that I myself have buried in my closet. I don't need someone like you stirring up the emotions of people who probably want me dead."

He didn't say anything and just walked over to the door. He stopped right before he was about to leave and looked back at me.

"That handsome face really doesn't suit you."

"I've been told that a lot."

"Tell Ba Wei to call me when he wakes up. Also Ji Nan."

I sighed, "yes."

"Don't threaten me again."