Chapter One Hundred Seventy One

Hello everyone thank your for being so patient with me for this chapter

Hello everyone thank your for being so patient with me for this chapter. I was supposed to upload it a few days ago but got distracted by Hozier dropping his new album.Honestly it's the album of the year but anyway. I hope you enjoy this chapter and thanks for still being here reading after so long. 🩷🩷

We arrived in my home town with no issue. We were currently walking down the busy street looking for something to eat after the long train ride. They had food on the train but we just decided to indulge in the snacks and get something after. We both regretted it when our stomachs started to growl.

Ba Wei was looking on his phone for a place that had takeout and I was booking a cab to my fathers penthouse. I should probably call him, but I'm sure he knew I was on the way.

"Found a place yet?"

"No, not one with actually good food." He sighed, "do you just want to get something when we get to your dads house?"

"How about I make something then. What do you want?"

He stopped walking, "let's focus on getting there so I have time to decide."

I just laughed and nodded. We stopped walking in front of a little coffee shop as we waited for the taxi. We talked about light hearted things and I was in the middle of teasing Ba Wei about the tan lines on his arms when it pulled up.

"Get in the car, and stop making me upset."

I laughed and climbed in, "didn't know you were so sensitive."

"Don't push your luck."

He climbed in and I immediately put my hand on his upper thigh. I squeezed a bit as a form of apology and he smirked. I couldn't help the smile that was already across my face. At least I knew he accepted my apology.

"Your tan lines look good on you," I said with a small chuckle.

He turned to me and it looked like he was about to say something but he didn't. I shook my head and just looked out the window. I watched as the city streets passed by. I remember walking these streets with Cheng De. Laughing, enjoying life I guess I should say. Him being dead solved the major problem that I was afraid of, but then again I never wanted him dead.

"Hey, why are you slowing down," Ba Wei asked pulling my attention?

"There's a road block up ahead."

"Why would there be a road block," I asked looking at Ba Wei?

When I asked that question my heart dropped. I quickly climbed out of the car and looked ahead to see exactly what was going on. Not too far away I saw cop cars, and a whole lot of them.

I bent down in the car, "let's just walk from here."

Ba Wei nodded and I closed the door and he followed not soon after. We walked over to the side walk and not skipping a beat I pulled out my phone and pressed my fathers number. It rung but no one answered so I tried again, this time he answered.