Chapter One Hundred Thirty One

"I don't even know how to explain this too you," Ba Wei said softly as he looked at me from across the bed

His face was serious and he sat shirtless in front of me now. He had taken a shower not to long ago and it seemed to make the wounds on his body even more noticeable. Since the dried blood was gone and his skin was now had a pinkish hue the new scars seemed to pop out even more.

Originally when he said he would tell me I thought he would just blurt it out but he insisted he take a shower first, and I couldn't protest that. He was covered in dried blood and fresh blood so it made sense that he would want to shower. It didn't make me any less nervous about the topic we were about to discuss though.

I knew that this topic was hard for Ba Wei to speak about because of his reaction. If I knew any better I would say no person has ever asked it. If I didn't know Ba Wei the way I did I certainly wouldn't ask such a question.

"They come from trials," Ba Wei said pulling me out of thoughts.

"Trials?"

"Yeah. You remember how I told you how my father would punish me if I lost a fight when I was younger?" I nodded, "well that's exactly what this is."

"So you're fighting people within the gang at your fathers approval?" He nodded and I ran a hand through my hair. "Your father let a man stab you?"

"No. Tonights trial was not initiated by my father. Hence the stab wound."

"Then-"

"I fought this person for a personal reason is what I'm trying to say," he said cutting me off. "My fathers going to beat the shit out of the guy who put this wound on me though."

"Why? He doesn't seem to care about the other wounds that you got from these so called trials."

He chuckled a bit and reached out and caressed the side of my face, "don't sound so upset. He's gonna have an issue because this was unauthorized and he fought me because I told him to keep his opinions to hisself."

"What opinion?"

He stared at me for a few seconds before he spoke, "he said something about you and personally I didn't like the subject matter."

I raised an eyebrow, "what subject matter exactly?"

I was slightly scared that the subject matter that Kang Wu had just brought up was the information these people had and were talking about it. How would I tell him that I actually killed someone if he took a stab wound to defend me? Goddammit.

"He said that you and Cheng De were sexually involved and-"

"We weren't ," I said cutting him off in a serious tone.

A small smile spread across his lips, "I know. How you talk about the guy gives off the impression that you wouldn't be attracted to him." I let out a sigh and looked down at my hands.

"So you got into this fight because of me?"

"No. I got into this fight because someone made a inappropriate comment about my boyfriend."

I didn't say anything and just stared at my hands. Even with how he just put it. It was my fault that he had a new scar on his body. If I didn't have annoying people in my life he wouldn't be sitting here with a wound sewn shut by me.

"Come here," Ba Wei said suddenly.

I looked up at his to see that he had laid down. I raised an eyebrow and but still scooted over to him. I laid down beside him placing my head on his arm. When I looked up I found him staring at me. I couldn't read his eyes anymore and his stare was making me a bit uncomfortable.

"Why are you staring at me like that," I asked as my face began to heat up?

He didn't say anything and just leaned down and kissed me. His lips were soft and so was the kiss. My face was even more red now and when he pulled away I was left feeling a bit heated.

"Ji Nan," he called.

"Hmm?"

"You know I don't want to ask this question..."

I let out sigh, "no it's fine. I knew you would ask it. You want to know how I know how to patch wounds like that don't you?"

He nodded and as I shifted my eyes I found it a bit hard to speak. The subject matter wasn't the issue it was the memories that I didn't want to have. I knew that if I discussed this small topic I would ultimately have to tell him about the skeleton in my closet. Literally.

"Well, I told you before I didn't always used to walk the straight and narrow path. Part of that part in my life is sewing closed wounds of my so called friends after they got into fights."

"So you never got into any?"

"Yeah, but I never walked away with any open wounds. It was always just bruises. When I first started doing it I wasn't that good but as time passed I improved."

I was expecting Ba Wei to ask something else but he didn't. We just laid there in silence and I took the time to look over his bare abdomen. As I scanned I noticed the large scar on his waist. I reached out and traced it with my hand. It was such a large scar and quite an old one. He had already told me that it came from his father but what kind of father would do this to their own child? My father wasn't the best but he would never hurt me like this. I traced that scar over and over again until my eyes began to become heavy.

"Ji Nan."

"Hmm?"

"You're tired aren't you?" I nodded and wrapped my arm around his waist. He let out a chuckle, "don't you want to get under the covers?"

"No," I said softly, "you're warm enough."

Ba Wei let out another chuckle and moved slightly so he could wrap his arms around me. He pulled me into his chest and when my face came in contact with his warm skin I couldn't help but fall asleep.