Chapter One Hundred Eighty Five

When I woke up the next morning Ba Wei was already up

When I woke up the next morning Ba Wei was already up. I yawned and got up to get ready for school. It didn't take me long and soon I walked out the bedroom to see Ba Wei sitting on the couch watching cartoons. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"How long have you been awake?"

"Not long. How did you sleep?" He turned his head and puckered his lips. I chuckled but still leaned down and gave him a quick kiss.

"I slept okay. Let's get going. Do you want to stop to get breakfast again."

He turned off the tv, "yeah we can. I'm sure grandma would love to see you again."

"Why would she want to see me again."

"You're a new face, so she wants to make a good impression."

"She already has."

"Well, you can tell her when you see her then."

I smiled and walked to the door and slid into my shoes and grabbed my bag. I handed Ba Wei's his and we left. Although the day had started off the same I was anxious because of the meeting I scheduled with my mom. I couldn't tell Ba Wei about it; he would definitely tell me not to go. I didn't want to start an argument because of something I feel like I have to do. Maybe I can ask Kang Wu for help? The guy seemed to be warming up to me.

"Are you wanting to go to cram school on the weekend?"

"Yeah I was planning on it. The final is a month away isn't it?"

" yeah and I'm terrified."

"You'll do fine. I'm tutoring you aren't I?"

"I'll hold you to it." I chuckled and shook my head.

——

We made it to school a bit before students would usually start coming. To my surprise he came to my classroom.

"This is a first."

"What is?"

"You walking me all the way to my classroom. You usually will stop at the hall."

"There's no people right now so I thought I'd treat you."

I smiled and walked into the classroom. I walked over to my desk and sat down. Ba Wei sat down in front of me. He reached out and pushed my hair behind my ear.

"What's on your mind?"

"There's nothing on my mind,"I responded confused.

"You sure. You've seemed out of it since we got breakfast."

I couldn't help but just stare at him. He really does pay close attention to me. I didn't want to tell him but I know if I said I wasn't worrying about something he would continue to ask.

"I'm just thinking about my mom."

"Why are you thinking about her," he asked almost immediately?

I let out a sigh, "let's talk about this at lunch okay."

"Why not now?"

"I know you're gonna be mad so I'd rather speak about it when we have time."

"How do you know that?"

"I just know. So let it go until lunch okay. Then you can be mad at me all you want," I said with a small smile. He nodded and leaned in and kissed me.

"What do you want for lunch."

I leaned back in my seat, "just get me whatever you want."

"En. I talked to dad a bit before you woke up. He said that he doesn't think your mother will try anything since the police are investigating."

"You sure that's a good thing. Your father is kind of a gang leader."

Ba Wei let out a laugh, "most of them have done business with him, so he's not too worried about it. He said he's gonna leave a few men to look after your father."

I just nodded, "that's good. I'll call you on lunch while you're getting the food."

He nodded and ran his hand through his hair. I watched with a slight smile on my face. He looked really handsome right now. I couldn't tell you why but he just looked very good.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

I blinked a few times, "I'm not looking at you any kind of way."

"I've told you before you're bad at lying," he said chuckling.

I stuck my tongue out at him and this seemed to surprise him. Before I could react he smashed his lips into mine and forced his tongue inside my mouth. A shiver went up my spine as he sucked on my tongue before he pulled away.

I stared at him red faced and out of breath, "what was that for."

He stood up, "that was for teasing me."

I didn't even get the time to say anything because he had already left. I calmed my breathing down and repositioned myself because although I'd never admit it to him, his kisses always got me aroused. I pulled out my phone and sent him a quick text.

Ji Nan: You're such a dick

It took only a second before he replied.

Ba Wei:you started it first.

I smiled and stuff my phone in my pocket. I pulled out my notebook and set up everything before I looked out the window. I let my mind wander until I settled back on telling Ba Wei about my plans to meet my mother. I was a little nervous about telling Ba Wei about the meeting with my mom. I knew that he would be mad, but I don't know how mad he would get. A part of me felt guilty since it hasn't been long since he had found me in such a dire state. He has never out right yelled at me, but for some reason I feel for this he will.

Sure its my mom and my business, but he's my partner so its his too. It doesn't make it any better that she's actively been trying to kill my father. What's stopping her from trying to kill me? I know that's what he's going to say, but I have to speak to her. Not over the phone but face to face. I just want closure so I can end the relation I have with her. I doubt he'll see it that way though.

I let out a sigh, "I have a bad feeling."