Chapter One Hundred Eighty Four

We stayed in that supply closet for the rest of lunch

We stayed in that supply closet for the rest of lunch. I thought he would do something inappropriate but he only kissed me. Sure, he had left fresh hickeys but I didn't mind that much.

When we walked back to class the halls were mostly empty since we left a bit late. I caught multiple people staring at me or my neck. He did indeed leave hickeys, and not small ones.

"You had to leave them in such a visible place?"

"Why shouldn't I? I wanted to leave them where they could see them."

I didn't say anything and just sighed. We took a few more steps before we made it to my classroom.

"I gotta run to dad's before I come home. Will you be alright going to the supermarket by yourself?"

I nodded, "yeah I'll be fine. Why do you have to go home all of sudden?"

"I need to go grab some things. You can come if you want honestly. I can send someone to the supermarket for you?"

I shook my head, "no it's fine. I'll walk you out of school so don't just leave."

He smiled, "of course."

He gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before he left. I smiled and walked in to class.

---

When class ended Ba Wei was waiting at the door of my classroom. I had thought he would try to force me to go with him but he didn't. Instead he walked me half way to the market, and gave me the keys to the apartment. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and was on his way. I was surprised by this since he had been stuck to me so much lately. I was at the Market with a basket full of ingredients. I was making mapo tofu, but had decided to make some small side dishes also. Mostly vegetables to balance out the strong flavors of the tofu. I had just got finished paying when I got a phone call.

"Hey, is everything okay."

"Yeah. I have to take care of something. with Kang Wu, so I might make it home later than I wanted."

"Will you be home for dinner?"

It felt weird asking that, but I needed to know the answer to that.

"I don't know. I'm going to try to be home by eight or nine."

"Hmm, okay."

"Don't say it like that, and don't be mad."

"I'm not mad," I said as I rounded the corner to the apartment. "I just really wanted to have dinner together."

"I'll be there."

He didn't give me the chance to say anything and hung up the phone. I sighed and slid my phone back in my pocket and started to climb the stairs to the apartment. When I got inside I went straight to preparing dinner.