Chapter Sixty-Three

I sat with my back to that door for I don't know how long texting Ba Wei

I sat with my back to that door for I don't know how long texting Ba Wei.  We talked about nothing but even that made me feel something other than empty.

I wanted so bad to get up and check if my father had left but my legs wouldn't move. The pain that once lingered on my body had become dull. It was only a numb ache. If I hadn't been texting Ba Wei I would've probably cried myself to sleep. How pathetic.

Thinking about what happened earlier didn't make me feel any kind of way. It was in the past so I couldn't change it. Not that I wanted to anyway. I didn't say anything wrong, nor would I ever take it back. I know I apologized but what was I supposed to do. I couldn't hit him back. He's my father...not that he wants to be.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by my phone ringing. I looked down to see Ba Weis name. I raised an eyebrow. I answered the call. Before I could even say hello Ba Weis voice hit my ears.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing. Just sitting around. Why?"

"Open the door."

"Huh? why?"

"Why else would someone ask you to open the door."

I didn't say anything and just hung up. I looked down at my bare abdomen and sighed. I grabbed the shirt I had tossed onto the floor and pulled it over my head. I got to my feet and very reluctantly opened the door.

I was happy to hear silence. I let out a deep sigh and made my way to the front door. I unlocked it and as I opened it I was met by a smiling Ba Wei.

I smirked, "Why do you have that stupid look on your face?"

"Oh snappy are you," he said laughing. "Just let me in."

He pushed me aside and I walked in. I wish I would've been upset but I wasn't because I wasn't mad that he was here. In fact, I was somewhat happy.

"What are you doing here," I asked shutting them door?

"Just came to visit."

I watched as he flopped down on my couch. His bangs hung over his eyes making a shadow lay across his face. It made his already angular features stand out even more. How handsome.

"Visit? Why?"

"You sounded lonely, so I came to keep you company."

I couldn't help but laugh at his rather childish reply. I walked over to the couch and sat down beside him.

"What are you a kid?"

"No," he turned and looked at me, "quite the opposite actually."

I shift my eyes, "I can't tell. You act like one."

"Only in front of you."

"I doubt it."

Ba Wei was silent for a moment. Even though I wasn't looking at him I could tell his eyes were on me.