Chapter One Hundred Seventy Two

The next day we woke up to a knock on the door

The next day we woke up to a knock on the door. We both stirred a bit in our sleep before Ba Wei got up to get it. I was about to fall back asleep when Ba Wei shook me. I opened my eyes and immediately locked eyes with him.

"My fathers here so you gotta get up sadly." I sighed and glanced over his shoulder to see Ba Ming Chun.

I let out a sigh and sat up, "you couldn't come a bit later?"

"If I would have you wouldn't be able to be taken to the safe house now would you?"

"Huh?"

"Oh you're gonna let us stay there too," Ba Wei asked passing me a shirt.

"En. It'll be easier to keep a eye on all of you. By the way we've lost track of your mothers boyfriend. He's a slippery one."

"I'm surprised he's still around."

" Kang Wu informed me that your mother has been in the gang world in this city. I'm concerned that she has made a pact."

I got up from the bed and stretched. When I heard the word pact it peaked my interest and Ba Wei seemed to notice.

"A pact is more or less a contract. It's signed in blood and depending on what she wanted done they may ask her to pay with her money, body, or even her life," he explained.

"And if she did? What would be the issue?"

"Well, because I have intervened they may see it as disrespect."

I nodded, "if protecting my father will cause problems for you. I can do it myself. Like you said your resources won't always be there for me."

I was quite indifferent with him being here. I know I shouldn't take what Ba Ming Chun says  to heart because he's right, but the fact that he said that to me is something I can't let go. it might just be my ego, but I want to show him that I don't need his help. Hell my father usually has round the clock bodyguards. Him not having them around is a new thing.

"I see you have misunderstood something."

"What have I misunderstood? You told me Ba Wei won't always be here to help me did you not?"

"I did but I told you that because of the continued circumstances that you've been involved in. He has a job in this family and because of you he hasn't been able to do them."

I scratched the back of my neck, "I get what your saying. Sorry for keeping him away from his duties."

I thought the man would keep talking but he didn't. Me and Ba Wei walked into the bathroom to brush our teeth and as soon as we made eye contact Ba Wei seemed to be apologizing through his.

I reached out and caressed the side of his face, "don't apologize. You don't have anything to apologize for."

"I just don't want you two not to get along."