Chapter-13

Asim arrives at the address given by Haya, As he enters the hall, all he sees is darkness. "I guess I came here before time" saying he calls Haya. Exactly at that time, the lights get on and everybody shouts "Surprise!"

Asim gets shocked seeing everyone, "What's going on?" He asks looking at Haya, "It's my friend's engagement today!" Haya says,

"Then why are our families here?" He asks, and this time his mother answers " Because you're the one who is getting engaged, and that's why your family is here" Rida says with a smile.

The shock was written all over Asim's face, "My engagement?" he asks and Rida nods "With whom?" He asked again.

"With her!" Haya says as Hunaina and the Naqvi Family enters, "Assalamu'Alaikum" Rida greets them and they greet back saying "Walaikum'Assalam"

Huanina wore an iced aqua gown and diamond necklace set paired with diamond studs and not to forget her favourite ring which was gifted to her by Asim. Her hair was tied in a braided low bun, she applied some light makeup and her favourite coral fantasy shade lipstick.

Asim wore the same iced aqua coloured kurta with white pants and his Rolex submarine watch and the silver-coloured chain given by Owais.

"So Asim, did you like the Surprise?" Haya asked, "Surprise? yeah I did," he said sarcastically.

Everybody was waiting for the Naqvi brothers, Rida, Mehr and Amira started gossiping while Owais, Omar and Noman Naqvi were talking about their business,

Hunaina sat beside Asim on the cabriole sofa and Haya and Amira were busy with the kids. "Would you like to explain how this happened?" Asim asked Hunaina in anger.

"What happened?" Hunaina replied trying to act innocent, "You know what I am talking about Ms Malik," He said shooting daggers at her.

"Remember you said one day you'd make me Mrs Siddiqui? Time to fulfill your promise" Hunaina said while playing with her bangles.

"Back then the situation was different", " If we want we can change the situation, Mr Siddiqui!" She said looking into his eyes.

" I don't want to," he said looking away, "But I want to! I want to remove the distance between us, I want to replace your hatred with love, I want you to forgive me. Give us a chance, please" She said holding his hand.

Asim pulled his hand back and looked the other way, "Here they are" Omar Malik said as he saw Maaz and Mahir entering the hall,

Maaz glanced at Haya as he entered and mumbled "Beautiful".

She wore a heavy embroidered black suit with golden thread embroidery and crepe trousers with heavy embroidered net dupatta (shawl-like scarf), paired with black pointed-toe pump heels and golden earrings.

As in makeup, for the eyes, she did black and golden smokey eye and applied rose-tea shaded lipstick and some plum foolery blush on her cheeks.

She caught him staring at her, giving him a glare she walked towards Mehr. "Okay everyone, So we all know that this engagement was a surprise for Asim and I am sure that he loved this surprise. But today it is not only Asim and Hunaina's engagement but also Maaz and Haya's engagement!!" Rida announces.

All the elders had a smile on their faces and were cheering for the couples. Maaz and Haya were shocked as hell, Maaz inwardly was very happy to get engaged with her and couldn't stop himself from smiling but was angry, she felt betrayed, seeing Maaz smile she thought he knew about it which angered her more.

She was here to surprise Asim but now she got surprised, "Haya, I am sad that you didn't tell me that your marriage has been fixed. It was Mehr who told me that you are getting married to Maaz and then we three planned to get all four of you married together, isn't it a great idea?" Rida said with happiness, Haya didn't know how to react so she just smiled at Rida.