chapter 25.

"Baby, can I ask you a question?" Y/N asked Tom who was writing a report for his Potion class, "of course princess" Tom said not looking up from his writing. "If I told you that I was uncomfortable with something that you wanted to try or do, would you stop?" Y/N asked as she was laying on her side playing with her rings. Tom stopped writing for a moment as he turned his chair and moved closer to Y/N, leaning on his chair towards her body. "Of course I would stop princess, I don't ever want to make you feel uncomfortable or make you feel like I'm forcing you to do something" Tom said as Y/N smiled up at him as she sat up and pecked Tom's nose as he looked into her eyes. "Why? Is there something you don't like me doing?" Tom asked worried that he had made his girlfriend uncomfortable, "no, I was just asking" Y/N said and Tom sighed in relief as Y/N moved closer to Tom before he pulled his chair away. Y/N pouted as Tom chuckled to himself, "I have to finish this report" Tom said as he sat back at his desk and picked up his quill. "You always have to finish reports when I come" Y/N said and Tom chuckled under his breath before he looked over at his girlfriend laying down looking up at the ceiling. "I have to do my best if I want a good life after Hogwarts" Tom said and Y/N felt her heart break as she was reminded that Tom was graduating this year and that she wouldn't have him around. Tom noticed Y/N's mood change, and stood up walking over and hovering over Y/N's body as he placed his leg between hers and leaned down to kiss her softly. "You know that I will always still be here for you though, even when I graduate I'll write to you, and you can come visit me during Hogwarts breaks" Tom said and Y/N felt her heart break even more that she remembered that Mattheo would also want to spend time with her during the breaks away from Hogwarts. Y/N smiled up at Tom as he kissed her forehead and looked down into her eyes, "the reason I gave you the ring, is to prove that I want a future with you after Hogwarts" Tom said and Y/N looked down to the ring. "The ring is the start of something bigger between us" Tom continued as he sat up and went back to his desk, leaving Y/N to look at the ring more.

Y/N sat in her Defence Against the Dark Arts class as Pansy was sitting with Blaise and Draco and Mattheo was sitting at the front of the class, leaving her sitting alone at the back. This gave time for Y/N to think about what Tom had told her the other day about having something bigger happening between them, Y/N knew that she had genuine feelings for Tom, but she also happened to have feelings for his brother as well. Y/N was going to have to decided between the two of them sooner than she thought she would need to chose, and she didn't know who to choose. Y/N remembered Pansy talking to her about choosing Tom as Mattheo was seen as someone who was very toxic towards Y/N, and Y/N had to agree when she was looking at the pros and cons between the boys written on a board in front of her. "Are you okay darling?" Severus whispered beside Y/N making her jump a bit at the sudden voice, "yeah, I'm fine daddy" Y/N said as she smiled weakly towards her father as he looked down at her ring. "Just a friend, huh?" Severus said raising his eyebrow towards his daughter, Y/N looked down to the ring as she moved her hand away from Severus' view. "Pansy thought it was cute and got it for me" Y/N said and Severus shook his head, "I know when you are lying my darling" Severus said as he went to check on his other students.

Astoria sat opposite Y/N as Y/N was reading her novel on the window sill in the Slytherin common room. "Hey, I just wanted to thank you and Pansy for being there for me the other week" Astoria said and Y/N smiled up at the girl. "It's fine, no one should ever cry over something that makes them feel uncomfortable and not respected" Y/N said as she reached out to squeeze Astoria's hand. Y/N looked back down at her novel as she leaned on the window of the common room, "Draco" Astoria said after a few quiet moments making Y/N look up at her. "He was the person" Astoria continued and Y/N nodded, "me and Pansy kind of guessed that" Y/N said and Astoria looked at Y/N with sadness in her eyes. "It wasn't just him who didn't really like me, but his parents" Astoria said and Y/N felt more sad for the girl. "They said they couldn't accept their son dating or even liking a witch who had different views about muggles, even though I'm a pureblood like them" Astoria said and Y/N felt her heart break for the girl. Lucius and Narcissa were always uptight about their views on the muggle world, they always believed that muggles were below the dirt in their levels, which was true. Y/N's view on muggles were anything, she never really talked about muggles but she knew that they weren't on the same level as witches and wizards. Severus' father was a muggle and refused to use his name during his time at Hogwarts, taking his mothers last name 'Prince' instead, calling himself the Half-Blood Prince like Y/N had talked about with Professor Slughorn. Lucius became friends with Severus as they had similar opinions on muggles. "Don't worry about the Malfoy's, they don't know what they lost" Y/N said as she sat up and hugged Astoria comforting her.