Google

I spent all night googling Ashton, and all I got was about was his employee of the month award, and this weird band, Swallow the Goldfish. I clicked on the external link to YouTube, and watched the first video. It was called "She's Keeping me Waiting". I saw Ashton's familiar face, and another guy playing the guitar. Ashton had a talented voice, but he sang pretty softly. I watched other videos with him, mostly covers, until I began to get sleepy. I shut my laptop, and fell asleep.

I drempt all about Ashton, but a little voice in the back of my head reminded me of my promise: To not fall in love, because I could get hurt again.

I made that agreement with myself because of the way me ex, Andrew, treated me. My pleasant dreams of Ashton suddenly changed into scary images of Andrew and I. This time, all the thoughts and pictures that came to my head were real, and I had seen them before. I tried to tell myself to wake up, but my body wouldn't. I also tried to scream, but no voice came out of my mouth.

[ Andrew and I were at his house, and he had just thrown a huge party. His parents were gone away on a business trip, and now after all the party guests had left, Andrew and I were alone. I wasn't even supposed to be at the party, because I was grounded and my mom was working her night shift at the hospital. Harry had known I had gone to the party, and he was the only one home at my house, so he let me go against my mum's wishes. The party was supposed to be fun, but someone had broken into Andrew's cellar and had brought kegs of beer upstairs. The party was wild, and Andrew pressured me into drinking. I was dizzy and disoriented, even drunk. Andrew was going to be a Senior after this summer, so he thought that he had control of me, because I was a year younger. He was wasted, too, and drunkenly walked me to his room. He lay down, and beckoned me to come to him.

"No, Andrew. I'm going home!"

"You don't want to do that, Abby. You don't want to do that. "

"So what are you going to do, Abby? Dump me?"

"Yes."

"Ungrateful b***h. Came back here!"

I ran through the door of his room back down the stairs. At the bottom, I leaned over and hurled, all the alcohol came out of me. My old designer jeans were covered in crud, and I had gotten my puke all over my face and hair. I wiped by sweater sleeve across my face, and looked up the stairs. I saw Andrew coming down the staircase, and I quickly ran out the door. My house was behind the woods from his house, and when I was younger, I wander into the woods and met him there. Andrew lived in the rich neighborhood, and I lived in the poor, because my father didn't support my mum, Harry, and I anymore. When I ran, I was so dizzy, I ran into a tree. I got up with a pounding headache, and looked back to see if Andrew was following me. He wasn't. I ran back to my house, and hopped into bed, so my mum wouldn't see that I was gone.]

My thoughts suddenly drifted to Ashton, and the nightmares stopped. I woke up after a while, and sat up in my bed. Knowing they were just dreams, I tried to brush off Andrew and go to bed, but I couldn't. I logged back in to my computer, and continued Googling Ashton. Hours later, my mum found me laying my head on the keyboard, and she tucked me into bed. The rest of the night, I had good dreams and slept well. I woke up refreshed in the morning, and decided to go back to KFC for lunch.