Interrogation

The song for this chapter is Knives and Pens by Black Veil Brides because Abby mentions the name in this chapter. I've recently become super obsessed with this band, tell me what you think of them in the comments, or Direct Message me on Wattpad. Also, I tried to embed the video, but it is not working, which makes me very... annoyed. Here is the link for the video since it is not working:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gFDCHdKbKBY

Ashton, Jasmine and I were taken to separate rooms in the police station to be questioned. Being this a small town, there was only one room, and we could only go one at a time. Before we started, the officer read us Miranda, and asked for our names, and other important information. They were going to call our parents, but only after we have a statement. They were about to choose who would go first. 

"Abigail Greene?"

I cringed at them saying my full name, and walked into the adjoined room it's the officer. 

"All right Ms. Abigail, I'm not here to be mean, but I need to know the facts. Why were you in Mr. Hendrickson's house this evening. You and your group of friends tripped the alarm, and we were contacted right away, even before your neighbours called. So, as you teenagers say, spill the beans."

With that, he took out a yellow writing pad, and a pen. The pen looked as intimidating as a knife, due to my situation. All I could think of was Knives and Pens. 

"Well, we weren't really breaking in," I stated. 

"Mhmm. That's what they all say," he muttered under his breath. 

"I'm actually his daughter. My finger print is recognised in the scanner key. But I go under my mum's name, Greene. You can check in on that if you want. I'm not lying."

"But why were you in there? And why did the alarm go off?"

"My friend Jasmine opened the window to see if any one heard the TV go off. Ashton accidentally stepped in the remote, and the volume was really loud."

"Ashton is the guy out there and Jasmine is the girl, correct?"

"Yes. We were in there because Ashton is in a band, and I wanted my dad to sign them on his record label. I knew he was gone and out of the house, so we left some, lets say, advertisements around the house. But there was no vandalism or theft or anything like that."

"We checked the place and it doesn't look like anything is missing. I think I'm done questioning you. Let's see if your alibi holds up."

He escorted me to the door, and as I was just about to go out, he asked me," Who started this, the idea?"

I answered. "Me."

I walked back to he waiting room, and sat down. He called Jasmine to the room next, and I sat down next to Ashton. 

"I am  really sorry. I didn't t mean for us to get caught. I shouldn't have lied."

"Lied about what?", he asked. 

"The house really belongs to my dad, but I lied about being in touch with him. I spend a weekend every two weeks at his house, with my step brother. I wanted you to be happy, and try and get he record deal. Jazz and I planned on going to his house together. I didn't mean for you to get stuck in the middle of this. I'm so, so sorry. Do you forgive me?"

He looked at me with a concerned look on his face, and then talked to me. 

"Abby, it's all right. I know you had good intentions. And you didn't have to fib about your dad for me or my band. I forgive you. This whole situation is pretty cool though. I think being almost arrested is pretty bad ass if you ask me. The boys will be super jealous."

He giggled, which meant everything was OK. 

"Do you think they will arrest us?

"Nah. We're minors, and we weren't technically breaking a law. They might call out parents, but we won't be in too much trouble. You'll probably have to talk to your dad, though."

"He won't be too mad, he's a pretty chill guy. Maybe I'll be able to talk to him about 5 Seconds of Summer the right way this time, face to face. It looks like they're letting Jasmine out," I said as she walked toward the door of the questioning room. 

She came out and sat by me, and Ashton went into the room. 

"How'd it go?" 

"Pretty good, Abs. I don't think we are going to get in trouble. Which is good, because it could have ruined my perfect record."

"I'm so sorry, Jazz, I shouldn't have dragged you into his mess in the first place. It was stupid for me to do. Will you forgive me?"

"Of course I do! What are friends for? It was also kind of cool to be almost arrested, it's kind of rebel-like, sort of like you. Do wanna go try and rob a bank or something? I bet we could do it and visit this place twice in one night."

"Slow your roll girl. You are getting too excited for the circumstances. We almost got slaughtered. You opened he window!"

"I know, I know. Next time I'll be more careful. It was Ashton who did step on the TV remote."

"Yeah. We make a pretty good team, I feel what you are saying. Can I tell you something kinda personal?"

"Yes. I'm ready for this hot gossip."

I leaned in, cupping me ear around hers. 

"Ashton and I are dating."

"Aww, good for you Abby. I'm glad you got over your ex. Are there any more cuts sauce boys to pick from?"

"You mean from his band? Yes. I think you'd be a Luke girl."

"The blonde one? I like your choice."

A few minutes later, Ashton came out of the room and joined us. The cops gave us a ride home, and dropped Ashton off too. Jasmine came to my house because we were having a sleepover. We discreetly walked up the front steps, and rang the doorbell, because  I had forgotten to bring my key. My mother answered the door, and she gasped when she saw us. I realised that I forgot to call and tell her where is was. 

Uh oh.