Ultimate Gamer

I went through my closet quickly, knowing I wouldn't spend as much time as I had that morning. I had only 5 minutes to get dressed, and I didn't want to disappoint Anne-Marie. I slipped on my black leggings, USA flag shirt, and put my newly dried hair into a messy bun. I grabbed a make-up wipe and wiped up all the old makeup. I re-applied mascara, and swiped on vanilla lip gloss. I ran down the stairs, and bumped right into my brother, Harry.

"Hold up there, Abby. Why are you going in such a rush?"

"I'm sorry, Harry. I'm going over next door for lunch. I have to go, tell mum where I am. I'll see you guys later."

I continued down the steps, and ran out the front door. Once I got to the fence that separates the two yards, I slowed down so I wouldn't look too eager to see Ash again.

When I got to the back porch, I saw Ashton was wearing an old Marvel Universe shirt and black skinny jeans.

"Ashton, Abby, take care of Harry when I'm gone,"she have us each a kiss on the forehead, and called Harry over," Don't eat anything til Lauren and I come back. Abby, what do you want at Nando's?"

"I'll just have a salad. I don't eat much," I said, looking down at my slender body,"Thank you for doing this."

"No problem, honey. Anything for Ashton's-"

"Mum!," he said, protesting,"Stop it."

"Oh fine. Ashton: your usual order?"

"Yes, mum. Now go! I'm pretty sure Abby's hungry."

"Okay, okay. Call me if you need me. If there's an emergency, call 9-1-1. Don't talk to strangers. Don't swim in the pool unless there's a lifeguard. Don't do drugs. Take care of-"

"Mum. You're going to be gone for 10 minutes. I think I can handle it."

"I know you can, Ashton. Okay, we'll leave now. Bye Abby! Bye Harry! Love you Ashton!"

She and Lauren went to their car, and drove off down the driveway.

"So, Abby, what do you want me to do? We have Call Of Duty on the Xbox in the basement. If you want to do that. Um... there's not much else to do, since we're still unpacking."

"Yeah, Ashton, I'll play COD with you. I play with my brother's friends all the time. Are you any good?"

"I'm okay, yeah. How 'bout you?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out."

————————————————————————————————————————

"Ashton: let's make a deal. Whoever wins 2 out of 3 has to buy the other person frozen yogurt when the ice cream truck comes by. Deal?"

"Yeah, that sounds good. I would get your wallet ready."

"Just wait and see, Irwin. Wait and see."

[Playing Call of Duty]

"How could you have won 3 times in a row?"

"Oh, Ashton, you simply doubted me. I played this all the time at home. You even let me have my favorite character. You have to buy me ice cream now!"

I stood up and did a little victory dance.

"After Lauren gets back from Nando's. Where are they?," he said, looking at his watch,"they should be there right now. I'll call and see where there are. I'll be right back."

He went to the other room, and called Anne-Marie with his iPhone. I knew I shouldn't listen, but I was curious as to see what was taking the girls so long.

[Ashton's Phone call with his mum]

"Mum, where are you? It's been a half an hour?"

"It's me, Lauren. Mums ordering our food now. When we got here, the line was out the door. She says we have to get the food because we promised. How's your date with Abby?"

"It's not a date Lauren. We played Call of Duty for goodness sake. Put mom on when she's done ordering, please."

"Hang on a second. Mum? Yeah. Ashton wants to talk to you."

"Hey mum. I'm glad we can talk. Are you guys almost done?"

"Now that's not important, Ashy. How are you and Abby doing?"

"What's that got to do with anything?"

"What are you guys doing?"

"We played COD. She beat me 3 times straight. You'd really like her."

"You bet I do. She's a keeper. Listen Ashton. We just got the order and we're on the way home. See you in a few."

"Bye."

He shut off his phone and came to join me on the couch.

"They're coming home now. It's okay. But, I declare a rematch."

"You can declare a rematch all you want, Ashton, but you're not gonna win."

"That was offensive," he said, giving me a puppy-dog look," take it back."

"Alright, I'm sorry. But I still am going to beat you."

When I apologized, he smiled, and when I insulted him again, he fake scowled. He grabbed my controller and hid it behind his back, tempting my to grab it.

"You can't win if you don't have your controller Abby."

I leaned over in hopes of grabbing it from his arms, but he was too quick. He laid on the couch on his back, and since I was still holding his hand to grab the remote, he pulled me down with him. We were still for a second, and he lifted his face up and almost kissed me. Right before his lips touched mine, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I quickly got off him and grabbed my remote.

"Lunch is here," Anne-Marie said,"come outside on the porch to eat. I see you guys got the Xbox up," she said as though she didn't know that Ashton had told her,"that's good."

"Come on Abby, I'm hungry."

"Okay, Ashton. You know what sounds good after lunch?"

"I do not, but I know you're going to tell me."

"I am. What I'm thinking of is two words: ice cream."

note about the picture-

I couldn't find a pic of just ash playing c.o.d. so I found one of the whole band. Cal Luke, and Mikey have nothing to do with this story (so far) so just ignore them. But don't. But do. Who Am I kidding? Love them all.