Vomitus Chicken

As I pedaled down the road, all my thoughts were of Ashton,came they were distracting my from driving straight. I swerved to the middle of the road, and nearly ran into an oncoming car. I only had a few more blocks to go till I got to the KFC, and I suddenly became nervous. I didn't know if he'd like me, or even remember me. As I pulled my bike into the KFC bike rack, I quickly fixed my hair while looking in the gleam of my handlebars, and decided I was ready. I spritzed some Vanilla Candle body spray on, and walked around the side of the building, trying to determine what I would say and do. I should have thought of this while I was biking here, but of course I didn't. I took three deep breathes before I reached the door, and I walked in.

The door had a bell on it, so it would alert the cashier when a new customer came in. The bell rang as I did, and I saw Ashton come up behind the counter. I suddenly froze up, and walked stiffly to the counter. His shy smiling was totally throwing me off, but I had to play it cool. I think he slightly recognizes me from yesterday, but I coul tell. His angelic voice broke through my thoughts.

"Are you here for some food today, or to report some vomitus chicken from yesterday?" His voice was clearly playful, and he didn't mean to offend me in any way. I smiled, and replied "I'm actually here to report an employee." I didn't know where that came out from, but I knew I couldn't take it back.

"Now, could you describe this bloke to me? I wouldn't want to fire the wrong guy for bothering such a pretty lass like yourself."

I'm pretty sure he realized that he was the only employee I had met at the Hornsby KFC, or the only one who worked there for that matter, but I the idea that he was actually flirting with me came to mind, so I answered the most girly way I could.

"Well, he has curly brown hair, glasses, and I even caught a glimpse of his name tag. Something like Ashley? No. It was Ash something. Wait, it was Ashton!" I said with a slight smirk, all the while twisting the ends of my hair, my signature move.

"Well, I don't really know anyone here named Ashton," he said sarcastically," but I will look into it. Why don't we exchange numbers, so I can alert you when I find this fellow."

He handed his phone to me, and I gave him mine. I knew I could trust him. We put each other's contact information in, and gave each other our phones back.

"Is there anything else I can help you with?" Ashton asked me.

"If you ever do find that Ashton, can you tell him I thought he was cute? And that I think I'd even like to do something with him sometime."

"Sure, of course I'll tell him. I'm sure he wouldn't mind being asked out by a pretty girl like you. "

"Thanks," I said as I walked out the door, and went around to the back of the resteraunt to grab my bike. I pondered over what he said, about me asking this 'Ashton' person out. Did I really ask him out? I didn't mean too, but I wouldn't mind if he would have said yes.

All I know, is that I wouldn't have to come back to the KFC anymore, I would just give him a call.