Having Ashton's Kids

After I ate my salad from Nando's and Ashton had his burger, he promised to get me ice cream. We brought Lauren and Harry with, on condition from Anne-Marie. We had to walk to the front entrance of the neighborhood, because that's where the ice cream truck stopped. We waited for about 5 minutes, and I checked my phone for the time. 1:27. The truck always came at 1:30, so I had to reassure Harry that it would be here soon.

"It's almost time Harry. You must have ants in your pants or something," I then turned to Lauren," What are you getting?"

"Anything with chocolate, really. I'm not picky. I know what Ashton's getting. How 'bout you?"

"Probably... well, I don't really know. I'll choose when it-"

"It's here, it's here!," Harry said, interrupting me.

"-comes."

Ashton looked worriedly at Harry, because he was getting pretty close to the street.

"Slow down, Harry. Don't go in the street. I'll be grounded for life if mum finds out I let you get run over."

"Ashton, you're so protective and sweet. My brother was like that, before he started growing older."

"Aw, thanks Abby. You're kinda like a sis to Lauren, or at least that's what she told me. Harry likes you... well you know. But," he looked down shyly down at his shoes, embarrassed to ask what he was thinking," you're mine right?"

I was super surprised that he liked me that much already, but I liked him that much, too.

"Yeah, Ash. Plus Harry's like..eight? You're mine."

He smiled and grabbed my hand in his. He had really big hands compared to my small ones. We walked toward the ice cream truck to pay for Harry's popsicle and Lauren's ice cream cone. Ashton and I split a giant ice-cream come, flavored chocolate like Lauren. He pulled out a twenty out of his wallet to pay for our food. The overall balance was about $12.00, but he didn't want change back.

"You can keep the change," he said.

The ice cream guy asked,"Our you sure? That's $8.00 difference."

"It's okay. I probably would have done something stupid with it anyway. Here it's going to good use," he said, noticing that the cart said that all tips would go to the St.Judes Hospital," That's important to me."

"Okay, man. Have a nice day with your kids."

I was shocked. We didn't even look that old, and Lauren and Harry were to old to be our children, and I didn't want the ice cream man to think we were their parents.

"Um, I'm actually just his girlfriend. These are his younger siblings. Just to clear that up."

"I'm sorry. It's just that they look like a cross between you two," he then turned to Ashton, and gave him some advice,"She's a keeper. I hope you guys are together to fulfill those kids."

We both blushed, even though I don't think the guy saw that. He drove off, and Ashton asked me to sit with him at the benches near the entrance of the neighborhood. The benches were right next to the playground, so when Lauren and Harry were done, they played there. Ashton held the ice cream cone is his left hand, and his right hand held my left. He would take a lick of the cone, then I would. We weren't the obsessed couple or anything, and I didn't think that sharing was weird.

We walked back to Ashon's house slowly, after Harry showed up how he could hang upside down from the monkey bars. All Ash said was,"Don't crack you're head open, insurance is expensive."

I laughed so hard after that. Lauren and Harry ran back to the house quickly to Anne-Marie, but Ashton and I moved like turtles. I didn't know why we were moving at this pace, but I don't mind if Ashton was doing it. Before we made it to his front door, he stopped me on his porch. Anne-Marie was in the backyard, so she didn't see what we were about to do.

"Abby, you have ice cream right here," he said, touching the place on his face where the ice cream was on mine,"I'll get it."

He reached his pointer finger to wipe away the ice cream, and then pulled my chin closer to his. Ashton then proceeded to kiss me, first gently, then harder. I of course kissed him back. I had never ever been kissed before, so Ashton was my first kiss. We stopped and pulled apart. Ashton looked up at me with a smile, and suddenly I became very nervous.

"Um, my mum's probably wondering where I am. I'll see you tomorrow, though. Bye Ashton."

He smiled at me even more, and said,"Okay, Abby. I'll be waiting for you."

I walked back to my house, with no escort from Ashton, because we didn't want Anne-Marie to see. My mom didn't know about Ashton, also, so I wasn't going to tell her yet. I couldn't wait till I could see him again tomorrow.