Just Entering

"So you've got that, Jasmine?"

"That's a pretty darn good plan, Abby. But will it work? No breaking and entering charges, right?"

"Of course not. I'm pretty sure, well- if we get in trouble," she looked at me anxiously, before letting me continue,"But we won't because the master of this plan never fails at anything."

"In tenth grade you failed physics," she pointed out 

I threw her a frustrated look, and continued.

"At 0800 hours, we sneak into the neighbourhood. Then, we use the alarm code to break into the house. Follow the escape route map to the recording studio, and I'll go to the basement and turn off the security cameras."

"Now that we're going over this again, I feel like we really are breaking in."

"Again, Jazz, we are not breaking in. We are just entering his house with the passcode that he gave me for emergencies. Alright?"

"I guess. And your dad's not going to be home? Otherwise we'll be screwed."

"I know. He may be a bad father, but he's a good music producer. He's in Sydney with Katy Perry this whole weekend, and is coming back on Monday. All we have to do is jack the whole house with the band's videos, and lyrics and such, he'll have to sign them. Otherwise we'll have to refer to our last resort."

"Kill him?", Jasmine said a little too giddily.

"No!! And I'm going to sleep with my eyes open tonight just in case. So should he. And the last resort was begging! Or bribing! Death is not an option, becaus, he couldn't sign them in the grave."

"Alright... but it's still on the table, right?"

I slapped her on the arm teasingly, and said,"You're stupid. So am I. That's why we're friends. But friends don't try to kill off their friends' parents. Okay?"

"Okay. It looks like we have an hour until D-Day, er- more like D-Night. And D is for, um, legal vandalism, kind of? That's what we are basically doing. But what starts with D?", she said as she pondered the idea.

I let her do that as I took some black eye shadow out of my closet, and painted black all over my face, because that's what it's for. I took the binoculars from the rope around my neck, and looked toward the direction of my fathers house, and saw there were no lights in because he was gone, and that the neighbours weren't home because there weren't lights there, either.

"Looks like the coast is clear. No one is home in the neighbourhood. We'll go in half and hour. Okay?"

"Alright," she answered.

I snuck around my room, leaving things around, such as clothes, magazines, and toiletries, to make it look like we were actually having a sleepover. Once we did our business at my father's house, we would come back and actually have a sleepover. I put pajamas lying out in the bathroom so we could change quickly once we came. I also placed a bowl of fresh water out to wash our faces quickly  

We reviewed the plan one last time, with no fewer than 5 questions asked doubting my plan again. My particular favourite was,"Do we just walk out of the front door, or do we jump out if the window?". To which my reply was," This room is my bedroom and it is on the third floor."

After the brief question and answer session, we went straight downstairs to the front door, but the doorbell went off before we got there. Jasmine and I looked at each other nervously.

"Maybe he will just go away," I whispered to her.

 "Why do you think the person's a he? That's sexist. It could be a girl."

"You're so dumb, Jazz. We have a window next to the door, and I can see it's a he. It's Ashton."

"Oooooh... Who's Ashton? Oh wasn't that one of the 5SOS boys?"

When we had started this conversation, we had been barely above a whisper. As it progressed, she got louder and louder. Suddenly, Ash peered through the window, and asked,"Is anybody home? I know I heard a voice."

I quickly pulled the shade over the window, so I could just talk to Jasmine.

"We have to at least let him know we're hear, and find out what he wants," I decided for us.

I reached for the door, before Jasmine stopped me.

"What about the black paint on our faces? You're going to scare him."

Shoot.

"I'll make up an excuse. Just follow my lead," I said as I opened the door.

I opened the door, and Ashton stood there in front of me, looking quite bamboozled as to be looking at me with black face paint on, and with another identical person behind me.

"What are you doing?"

"Hi Ashton, I know this is not what it looks like-" And what does it look like, I asked myself. 

I nervously sat there, waiting for him to answer.

"I'm really sorry to interrupt your attempted breaking and entering and all-" he started, before Jasmine cut him off by muttering under her breath," I told you that's what this would look like, B."

From me she received a strong glare, and Ashton, a confused glance, and the words,"Now who is she?"

"Jasmine, this is Ashton. Ashton, this is my best friend Jazz. Ashton just moved in the neighboring house to ours earlier this week."

"I didn't wake up like this. Usually I put my eye shadow on my eyelids, not all over my face," she blurted out. "Sorry, I get nervous around new people. Go ahead and talk to Abby, I'm just her side hoe."

"Please to meet you Jasmine. Abby, I came to talk to you tonight about your dad. I know it's getting kind of late but..."

"Of course. But, now's not such a great time. We're, well, a bit preoccupied."

He chuckles, and says,"I see that. Could you perhaps tell me what you're doing?"

He adds a shy smile, which I can't possibly not give in to.

I decided to go for broke and tell home the honest truth.

"I wasn't exactly at Luke's house today-"

"Who's Luke? Another 5SOS boy? Is he hot?" Jazz interrupted.

I shot her another glare and continued. "My dad and my mum are divorced, but he still lets Harry and I  come over. When he's not busy. And yes, he could give you guys a record deal, but we were going over tonight to convince him."

"With black eye shadow covering your faces?", he asked sceptically. 

"Yes?"

"I checked online, and he's with Katy Perry in Sydney. So, spill."

We invited him in,can't decided he with be a culprit in the plan. 3 more palettes of eye shadow and some black skinny jeans later, we were ready to either get 5 Seconds of Summer a record deal, or try not to get arrested. It would make for an exciting night.