Mallows Spells Trouble

We sat on the logs around the fire, and Anne-Marie set up all the supplies for s'mores. Harry Irwin got s'mores all over his face, and it was a sticky situation.

"Harry, you have a little something right there, bud," Ashton said, pointing to Harry's face.

"Oops..."

Ashton also got marshmallows all over his face. Boys will be boys. It got very scary because raccoons (or what we thought) were sneaking into the shadows on the lawn, and tried to sneak food. I was lost in thought while roasting my marshmallow, and Ash interupted me.

"Abby, your marshmallow is on fire," he said calmly, and I hadn't noticed that before.

I quickly blew it out, and sighed, glad that I didn't set myself on fire, because I was very clumsy.

"Oh, I hadn't noticed," because I was staring at you, I thought.

"Lets tell ghost stories, shall we," my brother said.

"That's a good idea, Harry. You're so smart," Lauren said. Was it my imagination or did she have a crush on him? I couldn't be sure, but I didn't want to ask.

Anne-Marie said," You guys go on and tell your silly stories. Your mum and I will be inside getting to know each other more. Ash, your in charge."

"Don't gossip too much mum," he said as they left towards the house.

I smiled, and asked," Who wants to start?"

"I will," Harry said, "but it might not be very scary. I'm keeping it PG for little Hazza over here."

He cracked his knuckle, and we waited in anticipation.

" There once were two lovers, who couldn't live without each other. The man was a lumber man and made furniture, and the girl sewed clothes for the upper class in the town. He lumber mill was conveniently next to their cabin in the woods. They weren't rich, but not poor, they were comfortable. One evening, the man didn't return from his job, and the girl went out to the woods to find him. She got lost, and it soon got dark," he took a slight pause, and owls hooed in the distance.

"She couldn't find her way out of the woods, and she called repeatedly for her husband. No one heard her cries for help, or her cries to find her husband. She started to sob, but it was cut off by several sounds of chainsaws coming close by. There were rumors that the kids in the town started about how there were ax murderers in the woods, and that they killed at night with chainsaw. She never believed them, but was getting morw scared by the second."

I was about to interrupt and tell Harry that this story didn't turn out to be PG, because I made it up in the first place and told it to him and my ex-boyfriend Andrew only, but we heard the buzz of chainsaws in the distance. Lauren jumped onto Harry's lap with fright.

"What was that? I didnt know there would be sound effects," Hazza said.

"I didn't know there would be any either, bud. Someone's in the woods, though."

I reached over from the place I was sitting with Ashton, and slapped my brother in the leg.