Phone Call

Song for the Chapter- Dear Maria, Count me In- All Time Low

"I'll let you take your call," Luke said as he closed the door to his bedroom.

It was fairly clean, for a teenage boys bedroom. Good Charlotte posters cluttered the walls, along with others like Green Day and Nirvana. I pressed accept to Jasmine's call, and her voice filled my head.

"Hey B! Where are you? You said you were busy but I really want to know. You obviously weren't too busy because you answered this."

"Yeah, I'm at a friends house."

"Kennedy?"

"No, someone else. My new neighbour brought me to his band practice at another friends house. His name is Ashton."

"Okay. But can you come over later? Did you ask your mum?"

"No, I haven't had time."

"I didn't think you would. So I called your mum, and she said yes. You're welcome."

"Thanks, Jazz. Your always on the ball."

"I know."

I heard a knock on the door, and Luke opened it a bit.

"Sorry, I thought you were done, I needed to grab something," he said.

"It's okay. It's your room, anyway. I'm almost done."

He rummaged around the room, and grabbed a container full of guitar picks.

"Ok, Jasmine, I've got to go. Are we meeting at your house or mine?"

"Yours. My mum and dad are out of town."

"Okay. But remember my mom works night shift at the hospital, so she'll be gone. But you probably knew that already."

"Bye Abby."

"Bye Jasmine."

I put my iPhone back in my pocket, and went back into the hall. Luke was standing there, waiting for me, and he escorted me back downstairs.

"If you don't mind me asking, who was that?", he asked me as we went down the steps.

"My friend Jasmine. She wanted to come over tonight."

"Ok."

We got downstairs, where the two of the three remaining boys had started a game of Call Of Duty, and Michael was winning. Ashton was trailing far behind, but was having fun with it. Calum was playing notes and the guitar," For the song you helped us with," he explained.

Luke joined him, and hey worked on it for a few hours. When they finally finished, they called Ashton and Michael over to do it with them. After half an hour, they all had they song down, even the lyrics for once. It sounded really good, and felt good too.

They declared band practice over with, and Michael drive Calum home.

"Ready to go Abby?", Ashton asked me. It was almost 2:00, and we hadn't had lunch yet.

"We can stop somewhere for lunch."

"Yeah. Nice meeting you Luke. Today was fun."

"Thanks. Bye Abby," he said with a small smile on his face.

Ashton and I walked to the car, and opened the door for me, like a true gentleman. He started up his car (his mothers mini-van, actually) and turned on the radio. We drove in silence for a few minutes, and he finally spoke.

"So what did you think of band practice?"

"You guys were really good."

"You know, you didn't have to say that about the record label. I don't want them to get their hopes up. And I thought you weren't close to your dad."

I felt that if I had sat there for any longer, I would have shrunken so small, I could have hidden from Ash. I wiggled my toes a but, and held my breath for a while, trying to let my lie not slip out.

"I may have told a little white lie," I started to explain," But I know he'll still sign you guys. I just need to talk to him."

"Okay. We're almost here," he said, motioning towards the entrance to the neighbourhood, where we saw several kids buying ice cream form the truck we bought from the day before.

We drove silently the rest of the way, and dropped my off at my house.

"Bye Abby," he said as I got out of the car,"See you around."

"Well, duh," I countered," You are my neighbour. But bye."

I walked to the door, which I realized was locked, I grabbed a bobby pin out of my backpack, and jacked the door open like that. Ashton waved goodbye to me, and I entered the house to see my brother, Harry, lying on the couch, fast asleep. I raced up to my room to start cleaning up for when Jasmine would come over, even though we most likely wouldn't spend much time at my house. I grabbed my opine, and pressed #1 on my speed dial: Jazz{;-)}. She picked up on the first ring, as I had hoped.

"Jasmine, wear all black when you come over, okay? I have a plan...."

TO BE CONTINUED.... IN THE NEXT CHAPTER