Sleepover

* From where we left off last chapter*

...My mother answered the door, and she gasped when she saw us. I realised that I forgot to call and tell her where is was.

Uh oh. 

*Continue*

"Abigail Elise Greene, where have you been? And what have you gotten Jasmine into?"

She tried to look mad, but from all the shifts she worked, you could see she didn't put too much effort into it. There were bags underneath her eyes and her hair was disheveled. She looked stressed, and I could see tears developing in the corner of her right eye, which means she was going to cry tears of happiness. 

"I'm sorry mum."

"Where have you been? I have been worried sick," she said  

"It's all my fault," Jasmine interjected. "It was all my idea to Dark in the Park tonight. She was going to tell you, but I wanted to get going. It's all my fault."

I looked at her strangely, but realised that she was making up a lie. 

"Dark in the Park? You mean the paint ball tournament at South Park this evening? You should have told me Abby. You and your brother have given me scares all night."

"Harry? Where is he?"

My brother hadn't been home when we left to my dad's house and I didn't know where he was. Probably at some high school party. He wouldn't get in trouble for not telling my mom where he was. The two of us haven't gotten in trouble since my dad left, but still rarely when he lived with us. My mom didn't have the heart to punish us because she was still somewhat heartbroken. Anyone would be too in her situation: your 40 year old husband leaving you, at 37 years old, for a 25 year old gold digger. 

"I don't know where he is. I think there's a party going on somewhere."

"Alright. Thanks Abby. Oh, and good evening, Jasmine"

"Good evening Ms. Greene."

"Well, I don't want you two girls standing there in the porch! Come in and take showers. Do you want me to pop in a pizza?"

"Sure mom," I said as we walked through the door.

After we did that, we went to my room and sat down on the floor next to my bed.

I faced Jazz, and asked, "Dark in the Park? I can't believe you convinced her of that. Good thinking."

"Thanks. You were the one who got us out of trouble at the police station. I owed you one."

"I wonder where Harry is, though. I haven't seen him since this morning."

"Chill, B, he's just being a teenager. If anything, he should be more worried about your whereabouts, not the other way around. He's your big brother, after all."

"I know. It's just... I don't want to lose home too," I finished quietly.

"Oh Abby, I'm sorry I didn't see it like that. This should help," she said, pulling me in for a tight hug.

"Thank you Jasmine."

She replied with,"That's what friends are for, Abigail Elise Greene."

Absolutely nothing could wipe the smile off her face when she said my full name. I never told her my middle name, because I thought it was embarrassing. Hers was Ann, which I was jealous of. Jealous of how well her name, Jasmine Ann Dorhauer, sounded. It wouldn't go well with my name. Abigail Ann Greene? It worked worse than by real middle name.

Before we ended our hug, I realized we still had our face paint on from when we raided my dad's house. "Jasmine, we need to wash up. I don't think we need to shower, but definitely clean our faces."

"Oh, right. That seems like a lifetime ago, doesn't it? After we're done, let's talk about your boyfriend," she said in a sing-song voice.

"Jasmine, keep it down. My mum doesn't know yet."

"Ok," she whispered.

After we washed our faces, we went downstairs to get the pizza my mum put in the oven, and some snacks. My mum always was a sucker for sleepovers, the older I got, the ,ore she was involved. I think it was some mother instinct that let her know one of her kids had a friend. When we went downstairs, we saw my brother Harry.

"Long time, no see, big bro. Where have you been? Mum's been worried sick."

"Out."

"Out... doing what? A party?"

"Just out."

"Alright," I said, rolling my eyes.

Jasmine and I went back to my room after that, and proceeded to gossip about Ashton. 

"He is so cute. But so is Luke. Don't worry, I won't steal your man," she reassured me.

I was confused why she did that. It felt like foreshadowing to me. 

"Yeah."

"How did you guys meet?"

"We met at his work, KFC. Then obviously, he's my neighbour."

"Have you guys kissed?", she asked excitedly.

"Yes. More than once. It's just-," I sighed," What if we break up? It'll be so awkward, him living next door and all."

"Chill, B. You literally just started dating and now you're thinking about the breakup? That's cold," she joked.

"I'm not thinking of breaking up with him. I really like him."

"More than Andrew?"

"More than I liked Andrew, more than I ever will like Andrew. He was such an a*s. You can have him."

"I don't want him. I'm dating Kennedy."

Oops. She didn't know that I knew that she liked my boyfriend, Andrew, even though she was dating Kennedy. Kennedy is gay, but I wasn't going to be the one to tell her.

"Right, I guess,Cowell,Ci don't know where I was going with that one."

"That's alright Abby. Now let's watch TV."

I turned in the TV set in my room to Friends, which was on Nick @ Nite. 

I almost feel asleep after a few hours of watching the show, when I was awakened by Jasmine singing.

"Smelly cat, smelly cat."

Over and over and over. I couldn't get her to stop, until we heard a patter in my window.

"What was that?"

"I don't know, go check. It's your window."

"It's not raining, is it?"

"No."

I went to check the window, and saw it was someone throwing small pebbles at it. I couldn't quite make out who it was, but hoped it wasn't Andrew. With closer inspection, I noticed it was Ashton. I opened the window, and he said," Abigail, oh, Abigail. Where fourart thou Abigail? Let down you hair."

I leaned out of the window, and said,"You're mixing up your fairytales, Romeo."

He came closer to the window, and said," Come with me."

I looked back and Jasmine, and she urged me on.

"Go, go. I'll cover for you."

"Thanks Jasmine, I owe you one."

"No you don't. Just think of it as a duty from your personal love doctor," she winked.

"Alright, see you later."

While gripping a tree from outside my window, a slid down to meet my boyfriend. He grabbed my hand, and we ran from my house.