Like a bad dream

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

„Treat all the bad things like dreams.
That way, no matter how scary or dark they get, you just have to survive
until you wake up."

The party celebrating their victory against Slytherin raged far into the night, it was as if they were already holding the Quidditch trophy in their hands. Even Serena was able to forget her worries for a short while and celebrated Gryffindor's success exuberantly with her teammates and housemates.

The numerous flags and banners, as well as already emptied bottles of butterbeer, lay scattered around the round room by now, while the celebrating students danced carelessly on them. The mood was boisterous, although the common room was fuller than ever and hardly anyone had enough room for themselves.

Only one student of Gryffindor House did not join in the festivities. In fact, Hermione sat in a quiet corner of the room, at least it was quieter than the part used as a dance floor, and
Meanwhile, she was trying to read a giant book entitled Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles.

Serena fought her way through her partying housemates. Ron and Harry were still not well disposed towards Hermione, but she didn't care. She herself had decided to forgive the year's best for what she had done, because part of her knew that she had only meant well.

"Were you at the game?" asked Serena aloud to speak against the noise and sat down with her.

"Of course," Hermione replied, though without looking up and in a strangely high-pitched voice, "and I'm really glad we won, and you did really well, but I need to read this by Monday."

"C'mon, Hermione, at least eat something," Serena pleaded, looking over at Harry and Ron, wondering if they were in a good enough mood to finally bury the hatchet.

"I can't, Serena, I've got four hundred and twenty-two more pages to read!" retorted Hermione shrilly, sounding a little over-excited by now as if her nerves were on the verge of insanity. "Besides..." she cast a bitter look over at Ron, "It's not like he wants me to go along with it."

There was certainly no doubt about that, for as if Ron had overheard their conversation, he chose that very moment to announce, "If Scabbers hadn't been eaten recently, he could have had some of those Fudge flies, he liked them so much..."

Silently, Hermione listened to his words and pressed her pale pink lips together, quivering despite the pressure. The redhead hadn't even finished his speech before she burst into tears. Before Serena could stop her, she had tucked the thick tome under her arm, run sobbing to the girls' staircase and disappeared.