Second home

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

„Home isn't where you're from,
it's where you find light
when all grows dark."

Until the train finally entered the small station in Hogsmeade, the trio remained silent for most of the time. The oppressive silence wasn't even broken by the usual noises in the hallways, as if all the students on the Hogwarts Express still had to process the visit of the uninvited scary guests.

It was bitterly cold on the narrow platform and the rain fell in icy drops from the pitch black sky. Serena was shaking as soon as she got out the door.

"First Years this way!" a familiar voice shouted across the crowds. Before the Gryffindor could greet the half-giant, the crowd pushed her in the opposite direction to the carriages. In the turmoil, she had lost Hailey and Nate and as she glanced around for a familiar face, someone bumped into her.

"Watch out!" she cursed loudly, picking up her bag, which had fallen into the dirt, before glaring at the Slytherin. The blonde boy stared back, wearing a smile that spoke of how much he prided himself in just being... well, himself.

"Yes, watch out Ed." another boy mimicked her, before disappearing back into the crowd with one arm around his friend.

"You fainted, Potter? Is Longbottom telling the truth? You have actually fainted?" Malfoy also had detached himself from the stream of students, and his voice made her turn to her friends in relief. The blonde just pushed Hermione aside with his elbow to get in Harry's way. His pale face was full of heme and his grey eyes glistened treacherously as Serena moved closer to her housemates.

"Black, still there? I believed that the Dementors would take you with them."he grinned confidently in the face of the dark-haired girl rolling her eyes.

"Get lost, Malfoy." Ron hissed with his teeth bitten together.

"Did you faint, Weasley?" The Slytherin aloud, so that everyone around them would notice, "Did the bad Dementors scare you?"

"Is there a problem here?" A soft voice asked suddenly. Professor Lupin had just stepped out of one of the carriages.

With his typically arrogant expression, Malfoy examined his new teacher and let his eyes wander over the patches on his cape and the battered suitcase. With an obvious mockery in his voice, he finally said, "No, um.... Professor."

The door to the Great Hall opened. Lit by thousands and thousands of candles, everything still looked the same as when Serena had left for summer holidays. The silver shining ghosts of Hogwarts floated among the students, smiling kindly at them.

Nevertheless, it was the ceiling that was bewitched to look like the night sky, that would remain in Serena's memory forever. When she had arrived the last two times, however, it had been littered with bright stars. This year it was black and cloudy.