Beware of the Puffskein

• Remus Lupin •

• Remus Lupin •

"I mean
we all need a second chance
sometimes."

"Have you heard?" asked Professor Vector anxiously, as Remus Lupin made his way to his seat at breakfast. No sooner had she spoken the words and looked at him with that impenetrable expression, an inner turmoil began to rise within him and his first thought was; Sirius Black.

"No, what am I supposed to have heard?" asked Remus quietly as he poured tea into his cup, trying not to let the shaking of his hand show.

"Hagrid lost, his hippogriff will probably be executed, he still has an appeal but it doesn't look good," she reported. Remus paused in his movement and his mug, from which he was about to take a sip, now hung in the air in front of him. "What?"

"I just heard from Dumbledore, it has something to do with that Malfoy boy."

"Draco," Remus muttered, though couldn't help feeling relieved that this time it wasn't news about Sirius. Still, he felt deep sympathy for Hagrid, knowing that the gamekeeper was quite fond of his animals. What had also not escaped him was that Harry, Ron, Hermione and Serena were also involved. It had to be terrible for the teenagers.

Professor Vector nodded and cast a furtive glance around the student body. "Yes, supposedly his father influenced the judges and well, Lucius Malfoy is just a bit more influential than Hagrid..."

Remus looked towards the Slytherin table. Draco looked particularly pleased with himself today. He had a smug look on his face as he unwrapped his daily ration of sweets from home. Part of Remus hoped that one of the sweets got stuck in his throat.

"Nasty boy," Vector commented, shaking his head. "Thankfully, I never had the honour of teaching him."

"Trust me, you don't want to," Remus muttered, having just decided to pay Hagrid a visit later.

After breakfast, Remus had two exams with the second years and the fourth years before resting briefly in his office before heading off to see Hagrid. As soon as the teacher stepped out into the fresh early summer air, several voices wafted towards him. Shortly afterwards he also spotted the group of students who must have sent them out. He recognised Harry, Serena, Ron, Hermione and Draco with his two henchmen as they approached.

This constellation could not mean anything good and Remus was to be proved right. Only a short time later he watched Ron try to grab Hermione's arm after she had rushed towards Draco with her hair blowing. The redhead had covered what had happened next with his tall form, but now a wailing whimper sounded and Serena drew her wand.