The final game

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"Alone we can do so little,
together we can do so much."

Serena had spent a lot of time with Remus Lupin in the last few weeks. However, they had not brought up the subject Sirius Black again, which was only fine with her after the night in the forest. Although she couldn't deny that she felt the need to talk to someone about it. Especially since the man who was supposed to have killed numerous people, betrayed his best friends and wanted to murder Harry in his sleep had not made such a crazy impression on her. But what did she know about crazy mass murderers after all?

Instead, she told about the adventures she had had with Harry, Ron and Hermione over the last two years and her godfather told about his time with the marauders. It did her good to be able to escape the stares of her classmates, who seemed to follow her everywhere, for a while.

Ron, meanwhile, still hadn't stopped telling everyone about the event in the dormitory, which was now over a month ago. Hermione was busy with all her occupied subjects and she couldn't stand Nate and Hailey's worried expressions either.

Professor Lupin had become something of a father figure to her during this time that she never had. At least, he was the closest thing to one. In the last few days, however, she had had few opportunities to visit him. After all, the third years had never had so much homework to do, which, with the added Quidditch practice hours, was proving to be quite a drain on their free time.

They trained harder than ever. The Gryffindor vs Slytherin final was coming up and would decide whether they would win the house cup or not. So all the Gryffindors had nothing else on their minds but the upcoming game. Serena included. Part of her, however, was a little happy about this distraction.

The sun was just beginning to rise when Serena entered the Great Hall on the morning of the final game. The rest of the team was already there. The mood was tense, it was hard not to notice as she looked into the faces of her classmates.

Bitter looks were already being exchanged between the hostile parties, yet the game had not even started. At least not officially. The Slytherins seemed to think otherwise.

More than a week ago, they had already waylaid the opposing team in order to sabotage them for the upcoming match. Not infrequently, Serena had almost missed one of the legs that were set for her in the most inopportune situations. After nearly dropping her inkpot, which would have shattered like porcelain on the stone floor, she had unceremoniously put a tripping curse on the culprits, so that they ended up falling down themselves.

Together with Harry, Serena waited in the Entrance Hall for Ron and Hermione to join them on the Quidditch pitch. They were passed by their classmates, who had obviously dug quite deep into their wardrobes. Whether caps, scarves or even homemade garments, posters and face paint of the two competing houses could be made out in the crowd. Even some Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws showed their support for one of the two teams.