An unwelcomed visitor

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

„If it doesn't burn a little
then what's the point
of playing with fire?"

On the morning of Halloween, Hogwarts' students realized how fast the temperatures had dropped. The snow swirled around and slippery ice made the roads to Hogsmeade so slippery that it was almost a danger to life when Serena, Ron, Hermione and Hailey slid along to the village.

It was the Hogsmeade weekend that they had longed for, because it would be their first visit to the famous magician's village. Only Harry wouldn't be able to take part in this experience. It had been a strange feeling to leave their friend in the castle, but he had insisted to leave him behind.

It was as cold as it hadn't been for a long time, which is why most students had their scarves wrapped around their necks twice in order not to catch any illness on the day of the feast. Serena did not seem to share this concern, as she was not wearing a scarf. Well, practically she did, just not properly. Her red scarf with the golden stripes hung limply in her hand.

"Do you know what's down there?" asked Hermine, pointing down the street. Excitement had redden her cheeks and rapture glistened in her brown eyes.

However, they darkened almost instantly when Ron answered simply, "Hogsmeade."

"Oh really, Ronald?" Hermione glared at the redhead, "I meant, what kind of shops are in Hogsmeade? Your brothers must have told you something about it."

Ron laughed abruptly, "Of course they have, but they also said that we were supposed to fight a dragon in the sorting ceremony."

The girl seemed to remember and also started laughing. Serena also grinned. She hadn't believed them for a second, but it was funny to see the frightened looks of her new schoolmates. Hailey, on the other hand, didn't seem to find this funny at all, as she muttered, "I really believed that at the time..."

The cute houses and shops piled up at the next crossroads in front of the four teenagers and led them to look around enthusiastically, "Can we first go to Zonko's?" Ron asked ecstatically and Serena also agreed joyfully. She had always been most excited about the joke shop and of course also Honeydukes.

"At least then we would have gotten it over and done with." Hermione murmured dryly and sighed when she followed her friends towards the shop with the bright red facade.

The huge selection of the joke shop overwhelmed Serena and she was pretty sure that a day wouldn't be enough to see the entire range. At that moment, nothing could spoil her mood, not even the fact that Hermione and Ron started to discuss again after just five minutes, or that even Hailey began to complain after a little while. According to the Hufflepuff,  there was nothing more important than finally visiting the notorious Honeydukes.