Bonus Chapter

***The Pressed White Flower***

Six years ago

"Master!" A young lady, who's wearing eyeglasses and seems to be a student, called out inside the shop.

"And you are?" An old man creased his forehead as he looked at the girl who just barged inside his safe space.

"Natalia Zimmer, master." The girl uttered panting. She couldn't believed that she finally saw the fabled master jeweler--Flint. She's been stalking outside The Flint shop for a while now.

Flint cringed at the word. "I don't take stude---"

The girl gently threw a folder, which contains various sketches, on the wooden table where Flint makes his jewelries.

The old man snorted at the papers but saw an exquisite design which caught his attention.

"These are yours?" His lips curved a little. The more he scanned the sketches, the more he realized that each design has its own distinction and was carefully thought out.

"Yes, master." The young lady said.

"What do you really want?" Flint inquired directly ignoring the pet name that was given by the young woman.

"Take me in as your student. I want to learn more. I want to refine what I've already had." Natalia explained hoping that her reason will be enough.

"Give me this, then." Flint said in return while holding a particular design that he had noticed.

"Of course." Natalia nodded happily at the old man.

"Be here after your school tomorrow." The old man instructed and stared back at the paper on his hands.

Natalia was literally clapping with so much joy. Learning from a master jeweler is such an honor.

Being an art student, nothing can beat handcrafted masterpieces. Her excitement was evident throughout her body. She happily skipped towards the main door.

"Careful." A man suddenly uttered when a woman bumped into him.

"I'm very sorry." Natalia replied and took a glimpse at the tall person whom she collided with but quickly bowed down her head because of shame.

"Mmm." The man just hummed in response and went inside the shop.

The woman went on her way and continued prancing at the road.

"Natty! Where have you been?" Luna, her bubbly friend, asked as they met near the university.

"You wouldn't believe if I told you." Natalia said still in a discreet shock but was very happy.

"Oh well. Come on. Let's meet up with Ariel. She's already waiting at the cafeteria!" Luna said excitedly.

--------------

"Boy, how's your master's class?" Flint asked the handsome man who has just arrived at the shop.

"Going well but still boring." Alexander replied as he lazily looked at the paper over the old man's working table. He's on a school break that's why he decided to visit his grandfather back home.

"Hahaha. Just like your father, I see. Don't worry, you're going to graduate soon."

The young man just shrugged his shoulders.

"What's that? You're sketching now?" Alexander asked curiously.

"This...is my student's." Flint proudly declared and stared at the document again.