₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ ₮₩Ɇ₦₮Ɏ: ₴ุ₥Ɇ₩ⱧɆⱤɆ ł₦ ₳ Đł₥Ɇ₦₴łุ₦ ุ₦ⱠɎ ₮ⱧɆɎ ₭₦ุ₩...

Chapter Twenty: Somewhere In A Dimension Only They Know...

The man awoke in a field, and even that simple detail was enough to put his mind into overdrive.

Grass reached up to his waist, and as he waded in the sea of dulled green, he observed his surroundings. Half built machinery littered the plains he was in, and a capsized boat seemed to have made its home on land. It was cold, and if it wasn't for his dark and thick trench coat and scarf, he was sure he would be shivering.

There was barely any color surrounding him, not that he had much color on his being to begin with, but the lack of something so basic made his skin crawl. He had a bad feeling about this...

"Sixer!" A voice boomed around from somewhere around him, seemingly coming from the endless field of dull vegetation around him. The voice was all too familiar, and once it pierced his eardrums, he was on high alert. A six-fingered hand reached to his belt, where a small— highly unstable and mostly illegal— blaster resided in its holster.

The ground shook underneath him, and a loud cackle surrounded him on all sides. "Ahhh," the techno voice said between horrid laughs, "you're still the same, aren't you? So quick to that little blaster of yours, huh Fordsy?"

"Show yourself, you Devil!" The man bellowed, twisting on his heels. Ford knew better than to let his guard down; he had been dealing with his demon for decades now. It was a constant chase of cat and mouse, and even though he was in a dream, the man wasn't going to let this Cheshire cat win now.

"Is that any way to greet an old friend?" Bill asked, still invisible to Ford. "We haven't seen each other in... oh, how long has it been? Maybe 12 years?"

"Probably the best 12 years I've spent hopping from dimensions," he mumbled to himself.

Bill gasped. "Sixer! I thought we were friends!"

"Stop toying with me," he growled, his brows furrowing from behind his mask. "What do you want?"

"My my my, I just wanted to check in on my favorite interdimensional vagabond. I have to say, Sixer, you've wracked up almost as much of a criminal record as your shady brother back in your dimension."

Ford trembled with rage. "Enough! Show yourself!"

"Of course! I haven't seen your face in so long! I have to see just how much your fleshbag has aged since!"

With a snap that shook the area, a familiar golden triangle appeared in front of Ford. Shrunk down slightly in size, his eye crinkled in a devilish smile.

"Oh wow!" He commented, swooping around the man. "Have you gotten old!"

"Did you appear in my dreams just to taunt me of my age?" Ford growled, taking off his mask and lowering his scarf. His dark brown eyes still held the fire that pushed him forward as a teen and young adult, but everything else about him had changed drastically. His once rich brown hair was grey, peppered by an even lighter silver shade running along the back of his neck. Wrinkles creased his face, and his sharp jaw had dulled considerably with the time he had spent jumping dimensions.

"No actually," Bill said, appearing by the man's side. "I actually wanted to tell you something. I think you'll be just as pleased as I am, too."

"That you found out a way to erase your existence from all the multiverses?"

"Woah!" Bill said, jumping back from him. "That's a little harsh now, isn't it?"

"If you're just going to sit there and waste my time, then let me wake up. I'd rather continue running away from this group of mutated, two dimensional, lizard people than be stuck here with you."