Chapter Twenty-Seven: From Glass Shard Beach, NJ

When Y/n woke up the next day, she found herself staring at a very unfamiliar ceiling.

"Oh shit," she muttered. A sudden fear made her scramble to the floor, tangled in the blanket that had been placed over her. But as she swatted the fabric away from her, she noticed that she was on the floor of the party room. Her fear quelled; at least she was still in the Shack.

Y/n didn't remember falling asleep on one of the couches, let alone coming back to the party room of all places. But it was soon after realizing just where she was that the memories came back to her.

* . °•★|•°∵ ৢোি ∵°•|☆•° . *

"Y/n! I want you to meet my party people!"

After Y/n escorted the rather odd Inigo out of the party, she had done herself a favor and taken a well deserved shower. It took her a while to get all of the pine needles and leaves out of her hair, but by the time she left, towel dabbing at her damp hair, the party had nearly winded to a stop. And just her luck: Mabel had been waiting outside the door for her for God knows how long.

"What? Isn't everyone gone?" Y/n asked, folding the towel over her arm.

"Nope! Wendy and her friends are still here, and me and my new friends are having a sleepover! And I want you to meet them!"

"Wait, Mabel, listen: I'm tired and— woah!"

"No way," she giggled, grabbing Y/n by the oversized sleeve of her night-hoodie, "I've already told them about you! Plus, you have to formally meet Wendy's friends anyway. Though," she stopped suddenly at the foot of the stairs, nearly sending Y/n topping over her. Mabel smirked, her eyebrows arching slightly. "I guess you already got to know Robbie well enough."

"Mabel!" She hissed, eyes widening. "I already told you—"

"Okay okay!" She giggled, continuing down the stairs. "Well, there you go; now you can tell me and Dipper about your little adventure in the woods today!"

Seeing as Mabel was already dragging her in the direction of a large group of people, consisting of teens, tweens, and Soos alike, there was no way for Y/n to leave now. So with a sigh she tried her best to conceal, she silently mourned the lost opportunity to return to her room and put on her most greetable face.

Mabel took Y/n straight to her newly found friends; a short girl in a green sweater named Candy who was as sweet as her name suggested, and a broad and bigger girl named Grenda who's heart seemed as big as her muscles.

The trio were sitting little aways from Wendy's group, far enough to have their own conversations between them but close enough for Mabel to add on details to whatever story the redhead or Dipper was telling in the other group.

The three told Y/n the general story on how they met, each interrupting each other at different times to add details or events the others might have missed. It was fun at first, but as the story seemed to keep going, Y/n found herself zoning out until Grenda shouted her part of the story and brought her back to reality.

The ravenette felt bad for not paying attention to the story— these two girls seemed incredibly nice, and she was happy Mabel finally found a little group to fit that was around her age— but her attention kept going to either her bed, calling for her to return to the safety of its sheets, or to the dull throbbing in her ankle.

God, she thought, masking a wince behind a slight cough. She awkwardly rolled her ankle every now and then, hoping that the movement would help improve it's condition. I hope this feels better in the morning.