Chapter Twenty-Four: Sprog

The two Dippers held a large, black, bike between them, a matching helmet hanging off the handle. Spikes ran down the center of it. Y/n continued to look between the two boys before remembering her dream.

"Oh damn Y/n," she spoke out loud to herself, running a hand to meet the back of her head. There was a dull pain there from when she rolled into the cliff away from Bill. "You really must have done something to your head if you're seeing double."

But then she noticed their hats. Marked with "3" and "4" in a black sharpie marker, Y/n realized that these were, in fact, two different people.

"Wait, what the hell?"

"Y/n," the Dipper with the 3 hat spoke, kneeling down to grab her shoulder. "What are you doing out here?"

"Yeah," the other added, "why aren't you at the party?"

Y/n remained quiet, once again swiveling her head between the two. "Are you two... are you two not even going to explain why I'm seeing double? Or is this my sign that I need more than a few nights of sleep?"

"Ohhh," 4 said, pointing at 3. "I guess Dipper Classic never got around to telling her."

"Ah, he must have been too busy reviewing his plan."

"Dipper... Dipper Classic?"

"So basically, there's this old copier in Stan's office that makes living copies of everything that it prints out."

"So after our original plan began to fail," 3 continued, "we decided it would be best to make a few copies to help ourselves."

"There's about.... 10 now?"

"Yeah, I think so," the other answered.

"We're taking care of any possibilities. You were right, Y/n, there are way too many, especially considering we're just trying to get one of us to dance with Wendy!"

"Our latest plan—"

"—and one that will not fail," added number 4.

"—includes us escaping off into the forest with Robbie's bike so we can get him away from her. With him gone, Soos distracted enough to not make any odd music choices, and even Stan running around on a wild dollar case, it's only a matter of minutes before we're with Wendy on the dance floor!"

"In fact," both of them looked at identical stopwatches on their wrists. "It should only be another 12 minutes and 36 seconds," they finished in unison.

"I—" Y/n paused, unsure of what to even say. It wasn't everyday your adoptive younger brother makes copies of himself to win over a girl a little too old for him. "Why can't you— he—? —ask Wendy to dance?"

The two Dippers gave her a glance, brows raising. "Let's reverse the roles: if there was someone you had a crush on, could you ask them to dance, just like that?"

Y/n opened her mouth to answer, but quickly shut it. "Okay fine you got me there."

"See! Now let us continue with our plan in peace," 3 said, grabbing hold of the bike.

"Woah woah woah, slow your roll there, Dip—" She paused for a moment. "Do-do I still call you Dipper? Or do I call you by your numbers...? Like, how does this work?"

"I'm Tracey," number 3 said, smiling widely.

"And I'm Quattro."

"We know that 2 is going by Tyrone," Tracey explained, "but we didn't get to stick around long enough to get introduced to the rest of the gang."