14| Wedding

It was hard to meet up with Snake as I had to shoot a wedding in Minnesota. But, and it came as a surprise, he agreed to come as my plus one.

Now, normally, a photographer wouldn't have a plus one at a wedding. At least, I think so. I never really experienced a wedding where that happened. But this couple had a lot of people calling in sick and they had to throw away the food; which they didn't want to do.

Now, Snake and I were meeting up at the hotel so we could go over what to do at the wedding. He didn't understand what he should do when I was taking pictures, and I was happy to help.

The wedding was tomorrow, which meant that I had only a few hours to prepare and get some sleep, but I was too anxious to meet Snake. He and I hadn't talked much, but the few times we did, he seemed like a really nice guy. And I don't really trust it.

Usually, whenever I find a guy who's nice to me, it ends up with me being used. Not only guys, though. I had it with girls, too, but not in the same way.

I was hanging out my dress in the closet when someone knocked on the door. I opened it to see a handsome, dark-toned man stand with his hand tucked in his pocket. He looked nervous, but excited.

"Snake?" I asked.

"The one and only." He smiled at me. "But my real name is Sam."

My eyes widened when I took another look at the man. Oh, dear Lord. It's Sam Wilson! The Falcon! An Avenger!

I offered to come in and closed the door behind us. Sam walked over to the middle of the room and I smiled at him, trying to hide my shock.

"Well, Sam, it's nice to finally meet you." I gave him my hand, still not giving away that I know. "I'm Lori."

Sam took my hand and shook it. "Nice to meet you, too."

I couldn't stop myself any longer. "You're an Avenger."

The man took a step back, trying to let it settle what I said. "Yes." He nodded. "Is that a problem?"

I shook my head. "No! I just... wasn't expecting that."

Sam stepped closer and smiled down at me. "I understand that. And this weeked? I'm just Sam. No Avenger."

I nodded and took a breath before tossing aside my shock and going into work-mode.

Five hours later

Sam and I were waiting at the entrance of the room where the wedding would be held. I was checking my camera for anything that was wrong, while the man was wobbling on his feet, not knowing what to do with himself.

"Relax." I smiled. "It's over soon."

Sam nodded at me as the groom walked in. He went to stand at the small podium, and I took some shots of his interaction with his groomsmen, who stood behind him.

Then, the music started playing and I pulled Sam to the side. He went to stand behind me as I shot pictures of the bride. She was already tearing up before her father even handed her to her almost-husband.

I took Sam's hand and led him to the side where a window was. I told him to wait there as I knelt and crept over the floor to make pictures from different angles.

When I looked back at where I left the man, I saw him eye me. He had a fond smile on his face and I found it suited him, so I quickly took a photo.

My cheeks flushed as I noticed my eyes had traveled to his lips, and I bit my own lip as I turned around to shoot some pictures of the kissing couple. They were husband and wife now.