21| Date

When the plane landed, I didn't recognize our location. It was a beach, but I don't know which one. Not a lot of people were on it, too. You can say none.

"Private beach in LA." Sam told me, as if he was reading my mind. "I asked Stark if I could borrow it for today. His beach house is over there, but Pepper is inside now because she has business to do."

I nodded and took his hand again as we walked out of the plane and over the sand. Thankfully, I had decided to place my shoes in the plane, and to not wear them, when I saw the sand. Some part of me told me we would be walking over the beach.

"I know you said you've only been on a couple of dates, and that you didn't do much on those." Sam started as he led me closer to the water so we could feel it wave over out feet. "But I want to make it special, yet simple."

"You really took notes." I shoved my shoulder against his. "Thank you."

"You're welcome!" The man beamed and turned to look at the sun above the water. "I just wanted to proof that you deserve it."

I laid my head on his shoulder as we walked on. This was the first in a long time that I felt comfortable to do that. I had a boyfriend before who hated it, told me it was too clingy.

Sam's grip on my hand wavered a bit, and I felt his thumb run circles on the back of my hand. It made me smile, especially because I could see he wasn't even looking at our hands. He was following a seagull with his eyes. The bird was trying to pick a fight with another of his species.

"You want to play with your fellow birds?" I joked and heard a scoff.

"You did not just say that." Sam looked down at me. "I thought we were having a moment."

"Oh, we are." I smiled. "But those birds seem like they need a leader."

The man chuckled at me and shook his head. "I'm good here. I do need to talk to Clint about how he never mentioned your humor."

"Clint, Hawkeye... Oh! You guys can play with the birds together!" I went on with my joke and moved my head so I could walk on. I was pulling Sam behind me.

"That's just mean." He said to me, but I just smiled back. "Seriously?"

I bit my lip as I came to a stop. "What? Can't handle it?"

"No I can." Sam told me as he stood close. His free hand moved a strand of hair away from my face. "I can also tease..."

We moved closer towards each other, our lips almost touching, but Sam moved away first.

"That's just cruel." I mumbled and place my free hand behind his neck and pulled him closer so I could finish it.

Sam smirked against my lips, but his hand moved to my back as I had mine around his shoulders. The sun began to go down, and I felt happy.