43| Baby

Sarah had driven me to the hospital as fast as she could, but I was already going into labor when we reached the threshold. I was rushed into a room and doctors were running around to help.

"Where's Sam!" I yelled at Sarah.

"Being healed." She told me. She was the one who had my phone and read out the messages on the group chat. "Evil Spawn will teleport him when they're done."

I sighed as I knew that Loki would take Sam here as fast as he could.

"The others are here in a second."

And a second, it was. The door opened and all the Avengers walked in.

Well, all except Bruce, Wanda, Sam and Loki.

"Not all of you can be here." One of the doctors said as I screamed in pain again.

"How many of us?" Steve questioned.

"One." The doctor answered.

"I'll stay." Amara stated. "Not up for discussion. She's my sister."

She got to wear safety clothes and took my only free hand. She told me to squeeze as hard as I needed and that everything would be all right.

I didn't believe her because Sam wasn't here yet. If I saw his face, I knew everything would be good. I would know everything would turn out okay.

I was screaming my voice gone, breaking every bone in both Sarah's and Amara's hands, and I was wishing for my boyfriend to get here.

"Ticking against two hours." A nurse said as I had stopped screaming for a second.

I had been here for two hours? It felt longer. Much longer.

"Where's Sam?" I asked again.

"Still being healed." Sarah told me. "He will be here."

I was a crying, screaming mess. And all I wanted was for Sam to be here and tell me we would get through this. That we could do it together.

"Let me go!" I heard a voice. "Lori! Lori! I'm here sweetheart."

I looked to my left to see Sam take Sarah's place.

"Sam..." I cried.

He leaned over to kiss my forehead. "I'm here, honey. I'm here."

The screaming continued and I was in so much pain, but hearing that baby cry was all worth it.

I was crying with the baby as they were placed in my hands. Sam leaned over us and I rested my head against his chest.

I did it. I really popped out a baby. I have a child now.

Slowly, our friends walked inside and smiled at the baby.

"Can we now know the name?" Tony wondered.

Sam and I looked at each other and smiled down at the child.

"Their name is..."