15| Wedding pt2

*Written from Sam's POV*

I was nervous as I stood in front of the hotelroom door. Was this where I'd meet the woman Clint was so much telling about? It appeared so.

I knocked on the door and felt how clam my hands were. I hid them in my pockets of my pants and smiled and anxious smile as the door opened.

A beautiful woman looked at me. She had brown hair, brown eyes that looked a bit tired and uneasy, but beautiful nonetheless.

"Snake?" She asked, warily.

"The one and only." I answered as an attempt to lighten the tension. "But my real name is Sam." I, at least, owed her that.

I saw her eyes widen, as if she just had a realization. Which made me realize she didn't know about us being Avengers. Which would make everything now come down at her.

The brunette let me in and I had no idea what to do with myself, so I just stood in the middle of the room.

"Well, Sam, it's nice to finally meet you." She offered me her hand. "I'm Lori."

I smiled as I took her hand. Or I was smiling brighter. She made me smile brighter. "Nice to meet you, too."

Lori almost popped like a bubble. "You're an Avenger." She stated in shock.

I took a step back, trying to let it settle what she said. "Yes." I nodded. "Is that a problem?" I really hope it wasn't.

The brunette shook her head. "No! I just... wasn't expecting that."

I stepped closer and smiled down at her. Her eyes were where my nose is. "I understand that. And this weeked? I'm just Sam. No Avenger."

Lori nodded and took a breath before tossing aside her shock and going into work-mode. Which made me take a relieved breath.

Five hours later

Lori and I were standing in front of a room. She had explained to me that she had to wait for the groom to enter, before she would move after him to the front inside the room. 

I was rocking on my feet as I had no idea what to do with myself, again. It was as if she was blocking my brain, letting me forget what actions meant.

"Relax." Lori's voice made me look at her. "It will be over soon." She assured me, and I calmed down a little.

The brunette was checking her camera for something. She was toying with it until the groom walked in and she began to make photos.

I followed Lori to the small alter and she shoved me aside so she had room to try different angles for pictures. She shot photos of the groom talking to his groomsmen, of the other guests, of the decorations. Anything the pair had asked her to do, and more.

I was pushed closer to a window and followed the woman with my eyes as she walked around, shooting pictures of the bride who came in. I saw Lori walk to the other side of the room, and as the light fell over her, her lila dress making her look like a goddess, her brown hair glowing almost gold, I could see why Clint tried to set her up.

Lori looked over to me and I felt busted, but I didn't dare to look away. She was far too beautiful to do so. I saw her camera snatch a photo of me, before she turned back, biting her lip to stop herself from smiling.

The bride and groom were kissing, sealing their marriage. But all I could think about, was how I could make Lori as happy as that couple seemed to be. She deserved that.