40| Prepare

A/N
Hello, I'm sorry for the long wait. I had some bad news last week, a funeral this week, and I couldn't find myself anymore. I went on a small 'work on yourself' trip, but I don't think it really helped. I still dont feel like me, but it's not as bad as it was.
I'm back, and I'm trying to work on my stories again.
Thanks for understanding.
xZ

Sarah came over with her kids, and I had told Peter to do something fun with them.

Sam had the brilliant idea to invite my parents so we had everything done in once, and I was stressing my butt off.

"It will be fine." He tried to calm me.

"How do you know that?" I snapped. "My step-dad will eat you up with questions and tests. My mom will pretend she's okay with it, while pulling a face when she thinks we won't see it."

"Nothing I haven't had before." Sam shrugged.

"They'll assume something bad is going on. I know they will." I was breathing heavily now and it was starting to get so bad I was seeing dots.

"Hey, hey, babe, it will be fine. We'll be fine." Sam knelt before me, taking my hands in his. "We will get through it, together, like always. We got this."

I nodded. "Yeah, yeah. We got this." I looked at the clock on the wall. "We got this."

"We will stay polite." Sarah promised. "And I assure you nothing major will occur."

The door opened and in came my parents. They had fake smiles on their faces as they walked over and greeted me first.

"Oh, honey, it's good to see you again." Mom hugged me.

I nodded to my step-dad. "Hey."

"Is that Sam?" He asked and walked over to my boyfriend. The two got in a conversation and I began to stress again.

"It's nice to meet you." Mom extended her arm to Sarah. "I'm Helen."

"Sarah." Sam's sister replied. "I can't say I've heard much about you, but it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Pleasure is all mine." My mother told her. "Should we move to a different location?"

I shook my head. "No, you can sit there."

"Great." Mom sat down on the couch. "Any idea how to prepare for the baby shower? How far along are you?"

"Two months out." I answered.

"Plenty of time to prepare." Mom smiled and took out a notepad. "Any ideas?"

"Not yet." I said. "I wanted to ask Sarah for help. Given that she just had two children."

"And I had three, now come on." Mom demanded. "What color scheme?"

I sighed and looked over at where Sam and my step-dad were still talking. I didn't hear much of their conversation, but I could make out that Sam wasn't happy.

This day couldn't get over too soon.