33| Test

*Written from Lori's POV*

My Lovely Bird

Me:
Hey Sam
How you doing?

My Lovely Bird:
I'm great!
You?

Me:
Same
Hey can you come to the office

My Lovely Bird:
Sure
Why?

Me:
I need to show you something

My Lovely Bird:
And you can't show a picture?

Me:
No you need to see this in person

My Lovely Bird:
I'll be there after the meeting

Me:
Thank you
Love you!

My Lovely Bird:
Love you!

An hour later

Sam walked into the building and I turned my desk chair to him. "Hi." I greeted with a forced smile.

"Hi..." he dragged the word out as he gave me a quick kiss and sat down on the desk. "What did you need to show me?"

I fiddled with a loose thread on my sweater. "Please, don't freak out."

"Why would I?"

"Because I did." I opened the top, right drawer and took out a small bag. I looked down at it and took a breath. "You see, I didn't wanted to believe it. Amara tricked me into buying it and now I don't know what to do." A tear made it's way down my cheek.

"Hey." Sam jumped off the desk and knelt down before me. He placed his hands over mine and looked me in the eyes. "Whatever it is, we can handle it. I know we will."

I nodded hesitantly and handed him the bag. "Open it and tell me what you think it means."

The man opened the bag and took out the pregnancy test. He looked at it, and I could see his eyes widen in realization.

"Lori..."

"I know." I cut him short. "It wasn't planned, and I didn't believe it, and now I don't know what to do."

"Lori–"

"I didn't even think off it, at first. And I don't even know if I'm really thinking of it, right now. Sam, I'm scared. What–"

"Lori." Sam stopped me from rambling on. "This is wonderful. Yes, it's unplanned, and quite unbelievable. But is beautiful. You're growing a little person in there, made from us." He placed his hand over my belly. "You're right, it's scary. If you can't tell, I'm terrified. But we can get through it. This little human being will be the little light in out lives that will grow bigger each day."

My eyes teared up even more. "T-this little human..." I placed my hand over Sam's. "This little person will be ours."

The man nodded. "That's right. We've created something beautiful. I love you, Lori."

I smiled and kissed him. "I love you, Sam."