A young man of his words?

Sunday morning at Dong's house

" Ma, are we having many guests to come to our house today? "

" hmm, no I don't think so. Why you think that? " puzzled Mrs Dong while they're seating and having breakfast together.

" you bought a lots of ingredients and fresh food to cook yesterday. More than our usual weekly shopping, I thought you're inviting people for dinner " Shancai answered.

" ah yes. I did shopped quite a lots. Those are ingredients to prepare when Daoming Si coming today.

Didn't he promise to teach you how to cook? I don't know what dishes he is going to teach you, so I thought I bought everything I can think of to covered all the bases! " her mother laughed thought it was funny.

" I hope he'll teach you some of those Daoming's house secret recipes" chuckled her Ba.

"you wish! " his wife laughing hard, followed by him.

( my God, I forgot! What should I tell my parents. Daoming Si will not coming today, he will not ever coming here again. Let alone to teach their daughter to cook! They're too excited. Now they would be disappointed. This is what I was dreaded before, Daoming Si could only be a disappointment. Although deep down inside, I never wish my parents think bad about him. He is actually a good guy, but just not good for me, not for a family like us)

" Ma, Ba, I don't think he is coming today.. " I tried to find a good excuse.

" But he said he will, did he text you that he cancelled for today?.. " asked her Ma disappointment starting to show on her face.

" No, no he didn't text me.. ( why would he? )" 

" Then, he will coming. He always keeping his words. I admired that young boy, he can be trusted. You're so lucky he's finding a good friendship with you. " her ma said.

Mr Dong nodded his head, " Yes, I agreed with your Ma. He's the kind of young man of his words. Very rare in young generation. Hats off to his mother "

( Oh Ba, you don't know half of the story! Shancai thought sadly)

" but I know for certain, Daoming Si will not coming today. He's — he is very busy today ..with his family business ! "

" oh is he? I suppose... he must be busy, a boy like him. Maybe next time "

Shancai decided not to tell the real reason yet. She's not ready to open up and having a long discussion about relationship again. She had enough listened to her mother warned her not fall for him. Something she already knew, fully aware off.

" You should tell me in good time Shancai, so I didn't waste buying so much food yesterday! " sighed her Ma.

" So -sorry Ma, must've been slipped my mind. I didn't expect you to go shopping especially for that. " regretted Shancai.

" Okay, okay.. it's alright. Maybe I can teach you instead, using some of those ingredients. Chose some stuffs that will gone off quickly, the rest we put away in the feezer. Yes? " offered her Ma.

" but don't you usually meeting your friends on Sunday afternoon, Ma? "

" No worries, I'll cancel them. My daughter is the most important" smiled Mrs Dong.

They finished their breakfast. End of the difficult conversation for Shancai.

********

At 11 AM the bell door rang.

Mrs. Dong quickly opened the front door and she couldn't hide her surprised,

 " Good morning Ayi, I hope Shancai at home "

" Good—Good Morning Daoming Si... you're here? "

Daoming Si forced a smile, " yes, I am here. Is Shancai not at home today? "

" oh, no. I mean yes, she's at home. Are you going to take her somewhere?" wondering Mrs Dong confused, Shancai very sure said he was busy with his family today.

" No, I am not. I am here to teach her to cook, as I promise last week. If , ...of course if she is still willing to learn and wanting me to teach her. " Daoming Si tried to explain his intention with hesitation.

" o yes yes. Of course. Please, do come in. Have a seat, I'll call her ! "