Friends?

" Friends? " Shancai raised her eyebrows.

" yeaah ... friends " said Daoming Si.

" what kind of friend? " pushed Shancai again, not sure.

" ... just like this " hopeful Daoming Si.

" like what? "

" hmm, like cooking together? " he looked at her.

Actually Daoming Si did not have the answer either. He wasn't sure how Shancai would react with his continuing cooking lesson plan after they're broke up. The fact that Shancai agreed to carry on, even though he knew very well she only doing it for her parents sake, enough for him.

" yeah... cooking together? and then what? " probed Shancai .

" well, eating together? "

( ' stupid, stupid answer! ' Daoming Si thought, but that's the only answer sprang to my mind )

Surprisingly Shancai laughed.

" What a stupid answer! "

"I know. But in my defence, your existence only, already make me always acting  stupid" said Daoming Si in honesty.

Shancai deep breath. She exhaled.

" okay so you're saying we could be friends just for cooking together and eating together, then what? " Shancai responded while shaking her head.

" then Repeat again " said Daoming Si quickly.

Shancai stared at him in disbelief.

" You are weirdo, Daoming Si "

Daoming Si got thousands of ideas to respond to Shancai's statements, but he chosen not to say anything. He just smiled awkwardly.

( 'called me anything you like Shancai, as long as you don't push me away ' His brain told him )

*********

The next 2 hours, they both very busy in the kitchen. Chopping, cutting, kneading, grounding spices, putting meats and seafood on the skewers, and so on. They hardly making conversation other than Daoming Si gave instructions how to do this and that, meanwhile Shancai only replied " okay ".

They felt the comfort in silence, which was better.

Daoming Si definitely did not mind at all. It's better than arguing!

The only thing was, they finished making everything Daoming Si planned for, hotpot with variety meats chuan chuan, mapo tofu, dozens of Sichuanese spicy dumplings, but Mr and Mrs Dong still not back yet.

" What should we do now? " wonder Daoming Si.

" Well, we already finished the cooking. Maybe you can go home? " Shancai suggested.

She was aware she was being rude, but she did not care. 

" ah yes, but I'd rather waiting for your parents. I'd like to know their verdict about your cooking"  told Daoming Si.

" Suit yourself, I will wait in my room " Shancai mumbled.

" Actually, perhaps we can start to prepare the bingfen stuff ,  for dessert? " Suddenly he thought an idea rather than being alone.

" You need me? "

( oh yes I do! Daoming Si answered without a sound )

Shancai realised it, she rephrased her question " I mean do you need my help in the kitchen? "

" I know what you mean Shancai, no worries" muttered Daoming Si smirked.

" The answer is yes. Don't you want and you need to learn everything? "