Your'e Someone to Love

TW: Mention of Abuse, Panic Attack

Jack woke up to his alarm at 6 am, he must have passed out last night because he doesn't remember falling asleep. His head was pounding, he knew he forgot to take his meds. The purple and green blotches were now visible on his skin and sensitive to touch and movement.
He stood up in front of the mirror and realized the redness across his chest, and the ache that occurs when he moved.  He did not want to worry Alex, so he knew he had to keep this to himself. He changed his clothes and took his meds and started walking downstairs in a tired daze. His body hurt with every movement, he just wanted to go back to sleep. His phone rang, and he realized it was Alex.

"Jack? Are you okay? I tried calling you a few times last night," Alex said, sounding worried when he talked into the phone.

"Yeah... I'm fine. I'm so sorry I should have texted you, Lex I just passed out when I got home," Jack sighed.

"It's okay Jacky, you sound tired I'll get you some coffee. I'll be there soon," Alex said, hanging up the phone.

Jack saw his dad was still passed out on the couch, and he assumed his mom left for work because she left him a note saying to take his meds. Jack sighed, and he looked at his father terrified. He ran out of the house, scared to be there if his dad woke up. He sat outside on the steps of his porch waiting for Alex.  It felt like an eternity for Alex's car to pull up, but when it did Jack practically bolted to Alex's car. He sat down next to Alex and smiled at his boy.

"Hey," Alex smiled, kissing his lips before Jack had time to respond.

"Morning," Jack smiled slightly.

"Jacky, what's wrong? You look so tired," Alex frowned.

"I fell asleep on the floor of the bathroom," Jack shrugged. That's not completely a lie you did, you just forgot to mention the part about your dad beating you.

"Aw, I'm sorry Jacky," Alex frowned. He had a feeling something was up with Jack, he was worried about his boy. It looked like he couldn't find a place to sit comfortably, or even breathe comfortably.

"Alex I'm really tired," Jack groaned, sipping his coffee Alex got him.

"I know love. You can sleep in class after we do stuff in Photography and Science and I'll let you sleep during English," Alex smiles rubbing his back.

"Mhm;" Jack frowned, squeezing Alex's hand.

"Are you sure there isn't anything wrong?" Alex asked him.

Jack shook his head, he thought it would cause more problems. He didn't want to be home, he was scared of his father. Alex could sense his fear, so he just held his hand.

"Okay Jack," He said, helping him out of the car.
He could see the tiredness under his eyes, and the pain in every step he walked.

"Jack, are you okay?" Rian asked as he walked up to him and Alex.

"Mhm," Jack nodded, he couldn't tell Rian and Zack what had happened. This wasn't the first time something like this had happened either, but now it's more visible to everyone with the way he walked.

Jack and Alex entered the room of their photography class and went into the darkroom to develop the pictures from the day at the park. Jack began to take out the images slowly, and he and Alex watched them develop in the mixture of chemicals. They eventually hung them up, and they were going to let them dry the whole day and pick them up on the weekend.

"You look so handsome Jacky," Alex smiled pointing to the pictures of Jack.

"So do you, Lex," Jack laughed as he held his hand. They never had made things official yet, but Jack had wanted to. He had never been in a serious relationship before, or a relationship for that matter. Jack didn't care what his parents thought of him being gay, he was in love with Alex. The rest of the day went by quickly, and sooner or later Jack and Alex were already walking to Alex's car.