I Miss Us

TW: ED

They went back to school in the weeks that passed, and it was already closer to the beginning of April. Jack and Alex became closer again, and they both started to heal from the trauma they had internally. It was crazy that they were almost graduating, and it was stressing both of them out. They had been through a lot, and it had shown how strong their bond was. Jack practically lived with Alex now in his house, May had to go back to New York. Jack's mom was not interested in a relationship with him, and his father was always a complete ass. Jack did feel unwanted, but Alex made sure that he was loved and knew that he was wanted. Jack fully moved in with Alex in the previous days, and he loved every moment with his boyfriend. Jack was grateful that Alex's parents were so accepting of them both, and that they were willing to take Jack in. Alex already turned 18 last year, so soon enough Jack would be and they could afford an apartment while they go to college. Alex did start working a few months ago, so he could start saving up money. He and Jack barely had any time together because when Alex got done with work and school he was practically exhausted. Jack missed spending time with Alex, he eventually ended up volunteering at an animal shelter just to do something while his boyfriend was at work. Jack did get paid though for taking photos of the animals at the shelter, and uploading them to the website so he did technically have a job that he was doing. Jack didn't want to admit to Alex how much he missed him, so he tried to just keep quiet about those thoughts he had.

Jack was laying on Alex's bed waiting for his boyfriend to be home at nine from his job so that they could have dinner downstairs. Jack had always felt like he was intruding on Alex's parents, even though Alex constantly reassured him he wasn't. Jack felt so weird when he was downstairs alone with them, so he usually just stayed in Alex's room but maybe went down occasionally for tea or water if he was thirsty. Alex came in looking exhausted, it was Friday so Jack was hoping to do something with him even if it was just watching a movie.

"Hi Alex,"  Jack smiled getting up off of the bed and kissing his boyfriend on the cheek,

"Hey sorry I was a little late, I already had dinner out, did you eat?" Alex asked him as he returned the kiss and started to strip right there of his clothes into a new pair of boxers to sleep in.

"Hm uhm yeah," Jack said. Sometimes he felt like a burden to Alex in his house, they were only teenagers after all. Jack didn't want Alex to feel guilty, but he was kind of hungry.

"Okay goodnight," Alex said, crawling into bed before Jack could even get out another word.

Jack stood there in shock, and he didn't even know what to say. Yes, Jack was feeling better but he sometimes got frustrated over how  Alex almost forgot about him this past month. Rian had even asked Jack if they were doing okay because Jack seemed so distant from him almost like he was afraid of something.

Jack didn't want to lie with him honestly, he was getting sick of it a little bit. But he ' wanna go downstairs and bother Alex's parents. He heard a knock on the door, and he saw Alex jolt awake in bed.

"Alex, can I come in?" Alex's mom asked.

"Sure mom that's fine," He said, glancing over at Jack who sat at Alex's desk.

"Did you boys eat dinner? I made some dinner earlier and there are leftovers," She said.

"Yeah I ate dinner at work again, and Jack said he ate," Alex yawned.

Isobel looked at Alex with a confused expression, because she knew that Jack had not come downstairs for dinner at all and he hadn't been for about a week. "Alex, can you come here for a second?"

He looked at his mom tiredly but agreed, and he threw on his sweatpants and walked outside of his room. "What mom?"

"Jack hasn't been coming down for dinner," She said to him.