You're Just a Daydream Away

Song: A Daydream Away- All Time Low

Jack and Alex stayed at May's until it was Sunday. Zack and Alex came up on Saturday to help them drive down, but it was a nice weekend even though it consisted of Jack sleeping or puking or sometimes just lying there lost in thought. Alex was there by his side for everything, and whatever he needed Alex helped him with. Alex was pretty exhausted though, he was so tired from taking care of Jack. Rian had noticed and promised that he would stay with him for the night so Alex could go home and get some sleep. It took a whole day for Zack and Rian to convince Alex to even try to take care of himself, but he agreed and his parents let him take two days off to catch up on sleep and missed assignments. Jack was scared of being alone for almost a few days with Alex since they are practically inseparable but he was glad he would have Rian for one day and May would be there too. His mom and him were on better terms, but Jack still didn't let her even go about three feet without screaming. The drive home wasn't that bad, Jack slept the whole way and so did Alex since Zack was driving. Eventually, Jack felt Alex's hand wake him up.

"Baby I'm gonna help you change and get in bed and then I'm going to go home okay?" He yawned as he and Rian walked Jack upstairs.

Jack nodded, and when Rian opened the door he saw his room was exactly the way he had left it except his bed was probably made by his mom. Jack sat down on the edge of the bed, and he saw Rian leave for a second so Alex could help him. Alex undressed him, and put him in some comfortable pajamas, and kissed his lips.

"I love you baby I'll call you later okay?" Alex said as he handed him his blanket.

"I love you too," Jack smiled shyly.

Alex let go of his hand and left his room as Rian walked in.

"Hi, buddy let's get you to bed okay? I'll change your bandages too," Rian smiled, rubbing his back.

"Okay, can we watch home alone?" Jack asked him even though he probably was going to say no since Jack had been watching that constantly all weekend.

"Okay we can do what you want JB," Rian smiled as he rubbed his back and helped him get into bed.

"Thanks, Ri, for being here and everything." Jack smiled as he got under the blankets.

"Yeah of course you're like a brother Jack," Rian smiled, sitting next to him sitting on the bed. He changed Jack's dressing, and the wound was starting to heal.

"Rian? Is Alex tired of me?" Jack asked him.

"No... what would you think of JB?" Rian asked as he turned his head away from the TV screen.

"Because he's not staying here and he looks exhausted whenever he's around me. I'm the one who barely lets him sleep. I shouldn't have put him through this, I shouldn't have ever told him I had feelings. Then he wouldn't be in my stupid mess, he would be better off without me." Jack muttered, pulling up his blanket higher.

"Hey Jack, that's not true, he loves you. You don't exhaust him, he wants you, Jack. He wants to help you, and he wants all of you JB," Rian says, rubbing Jack's back.

"I'm exhausting him though," Jack mutters holding onto Rian.

"You aren't Jack, he just needs two days to catch up on sleep. You have both been through a lot okay? He loves you JB," Rian says as he holds him. Rian and Jack were pretty close, and Jack trusted him enough to hold him.

"Okay Ri," Jack said, unsure what was going on with Alex.

Rian nodded, and he saw how Jack was doubting himself and blaming himself over Alex just being tired. He knew that Alex didn't intend that, but he would have stayed there if he could. Alex loved just being around Jack, but he needed sleep and he couldn't do that if he was taking care of Jack. When Alex got home, he had dinner with his parents, and when he went upstairs he totally forgot about everything in the world and just passed out into a deep sleep in his room. Around one-thirty the next day, he woke up still in his jeans from the ride home. He grabbed his phone and saw that it was dead still. He charged it and waited for it to turn back on. He eventually got it to work, and he checked his messages from Jack.

Jack: I'm so sorry Alex for bringing you into all this you don't deserve this to me. If you need a break from me or want to end it I get it.

Alex was in shock that he would even say that, he didn't want to be pushed away; he loved Jack. He wanted to be there for him, even if it hurt him a little bit. He wished sometimes that Jack would just stop apologizing for himself, he loved everything he hated about himself. Yeah, he may have been the sunshine, but all sunshine needs a little bit of grey sometimes. Jack was his, he needed him. He wouldn't leave him, even if it meant begging him to stay. Alex got into the shower and decided to get dressed up a little bit for a plan to keep Jack. He put on a red flannel over his tight white shirt and put on a pair of acid-washed ripped skinny jeans. He threw on his leather jacket since it was beginning to get cold outside and put his beanie on. He decided to take a trip to the store and get all of Jack's favorite snacks so they could have a movie night tonight just the two of them. Alex thought his boyfriend needed some cheering up, and he wanted to try to make him feel less alone than he felt at the current moment. Alex ended up buying flowers for Jack because he remembers him saying how he had always wanted flowers on a date and Alex wanted to give that to him. He got all the stuff he could think of to make Jack happy, and he drove to his house knocking on the door.

"Hey, wait, Alex, I didn't expect to see you here until tomorrow," May said, sounding a little bit shocked.

"I wanted to come early and surprise Jack, is he awake yet?" Alex asked as he held the flowers and bag of snacks in his hands.

"Yeah, I think he's awake. You can check thanks for coming Alex. He has been down since he was in the hospital," May says, hugging Alex.

Alex nodded, and headed upstairs and knocked on Jack's door that moved instantly when he touched it. He walked into Jack's room to see him lying there in bed looking down at the ground.

"Alex, what the... why do you have flowers? Didn't you get my text?" He asked him, forcing himself to sit up and face Alex.

"Yeah, but I don't care. You're the love of my life Jacky and I'm not leaving no matter how hard you try to push me away," Alex smiled as he handed the bouquet of roses and sunflowers to his boyfriend.

Jack felt a tear in his eye, and he held Alex's hand and leaned forward closer to his boyfriend. Alex curled his lips and moved closer and his lips touched the surface of Jack's.

"Well fuck Alex, now you made me cry," Jack smiled letting a soft cry escape from his mouth. "I love you so much."

"I love you too Jack Bassam Barakat," Alex smiled as he put the flowers in a vase near Jack's windowsill and sat down next to his boyfriend.

"I brought you all your favorite snacks, and I even wrote you a song," Alex said sitting next to Jack looking into his chocolate brown eyes.

"You seriously are so fucking sweet," Jack smiled kissing his boyfriend.

"Alex blushed a little bit, and he grabbed his guitar and starters to play the chords.

I wish you could see your face right now
'Cause you're grinning like a fool
And we're sitting on your kitchen floor
On a Tuesday afternoon
Doesn't matter when we get back
To doing what we do
'Cause right now could last forever
Just as long as I'm with you

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place so I never have to lose

We would go out on the weekend
To escape our busy lives
And we'd laugh at all the douche-bag guys
Chasing down their desperate wives

I would drink a little too much
And you'd offer me a ride
I would offer you a t-shirt
And you would stay another night

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place so I never have to lose

"Baby you aren't going to," Jack said leaning in closer and kissing him gently.

"You promise Jack? I need you," Alex said, biting his lip slightly.

"I promise sunshine boy."