𝐀 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭 (𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞)

Wilhemina Venable x Reader

part 2

Normally, you would try to get as much as sleep as you could in the morning. Your body would not leave the bed until the loud obnoxious ringing of your digital alarm clock was ripping through the entire bedroom. However there was a change on your mornings these past few days, the moment she shuffled off the bed and the source of warm was replaced with cold empty space, your eyes would flutter open, still blurry from sleep, you would observe your professor get up from your bed, collect her clothes from last night and discard the ones she had on that she borrowed from you.

This morning marked to be the fifth time you were waking up to a beautiful redhead, and so, who happened to be your professor. Not once in this lifetime you would have thought Wilhemina would be back at your place since the particular morning where you trapped her in an embrace, keeping her hostage in your bed.

Wilhemina was surprised too, she freaked out, a lot of time actually when she would find herself in her own bed, her body strangely unsatisfied against the lavish cushion which technically was supposed to be more comforting than yours. She paid good money for it. But then it felt nothing like being embraced in your sheets, in your awfully desirable bed with your dainty arms looped around her middle and your breath hitting the back of her neck.

She lived long enough alone, amusing herself every night with a bottle of wine and a good book to read while a classical music was playing in her beloved vinyl record player, then going to bed after a few pages and two glasses. She had slept so many nights alone in her four posts bed, snuggled in the middle with two huge pillows on each side. She lived a customary cycle she made for herself. A cycle that only involved her, just her and that life was dull.

During the brief physical interaction with a little intimacy was the moment of enlightenment for Wilhemina. That very morning, in your very arms, she unravelled the past years of her life, going through them and finding out that was not the life she wanted for herself yet it was what she created when she only felt nothing but the presence of bitterness toward others, the need to protect herself, to isolate her heart and be alone. She felt safe alone, none of the rest of it mattered for her, she was safe no one could hurt her. She had been through a lot already, she would not let anyone hurt her anymore.

But was it worth it? Her isolating herself in order to feel the pure peace and the safety she wanted for herself. Was it worth every second she spent time alone in her bed going through life crises when she could go through it with someone. It was draining—the life of being alone, although, it was rewarding every once in a while. No one was going to complain about Wilhemina's 'silly' house rules, she wouldn't have to worry about someone chewing so loud that it would cause her headache, someone who sit on couch propping their feet up on the coffee table and does not sanitize after using the bathroom. The list went on for about a mile.

And now, Wilhemina had just woken up in your bed, clearly the moment of enlightenment gave her a new perspective. She liked you, most times she would be annoyed for liking you and would treat you unkindly, expressing the opposing feeling she truly felt for you. She was that broken but she was trying. She was coming onto you on her own pace, in her own way. So, the fact that this woman was trying for you? You could not ask for anything better but be patient and subtle.

Rubbing off the sleep on your eyes, a beam naturally rested on your lips, watching Wilhemina brush the length of her red hair sitting on your vanity already dressed in her clothes from last night. It was times like this in the morning where you wish you could walk behind her take the brush off her hand and do it.

Wilhemina's eyes then found yours, looking at your reflection and finding the sight to be annoyingly cute. You were in a purple tank top, the thin strap fell off your shoulder, exposing a little more skin of your chest area. She diverted her gaze off from your chest back to your face, her lips reflecting the beam on your lips.