𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 (𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚)

requested by Miss_Goods_wife

A/n: this didn't go the way i wanted it to based on your suggested plot but i tried my best i hope you like it.

____

Amanda was there, standing equally as unprepared as you were, her lips falling agape and her gaze shifting from your eyes to the floor of the grocery store

Amanda was there, standing equally as unprepared as you were, her lips falling agape and her gaze shifting from your eyes to the floor of the grocery store. She licked her lips and removed the beanie she had on, revealing the soft curls of her short blonde hair.

"I think being blonde suits me best." Young Amanda mused releasing the lollipop from her lips with a pop, daydreaming of herself having blonde hair.

You put the book aside and look down at your lap where Amanda's head was resting, "I think brunette Amanda is beautiful enough." You said, messing up the little curls of her hair in which caused Amanda to pout and narrow her eyes at you.

"Mommy! Mommy!" and the sound of tiny feet running in the aisle had saved you and possibly the other woman too from the tension that hung in the air.

Amanda's attention was quick to be transferred, "Dove, no running remember?" you watched her kneel in one knee, holding onto the little girl's shoulder, brows knitting as her heart hammered in her chest noticing the lack of her sister's presence whom she trusted her little girl with. "And where is your, Auntie, sweetheart?"

Amanda was more than glad the little girl did find her in the store instead of bumping into strangers "I found this mommy!" the tiny brunette was holding a red string bracelet, the ends were disconnected. It was too similar what you had on, then there was the jolt of panic, you glance over your wrist to find that the thin red string you had on for years was gone.

She took it from her daughter, feeling the worn out texture of the string in her hand, on her left wrist a matching one was securely wrapped around. Amanda's eyes found yours.

It always found its way back to you...

You took it but Amanda offered to tie it back around your wrist, you were adamant, not wanting to stay under her gaze any longer but as the same time, like sick joke, your body was refusing to move and walk away. You watched Amanda's fingers tie the ends carefully, working with what was left of the string that seemed to have shrunken overtime like hers did.

"I can't believe you haven't taken it off." She said, "It's been like what? Twenty years?" you gave her a timid nod, stepping back and keeping your head down. Amanda noticed your behaviour so she took a step back too.

"Almost twenty-one." It had been that long and yet you remembered everything like it all happened yesterday, those crazy, dumb, high school kids who seemed to know a lot yet they were still oblivious of life's cruelties.

She nodded, looking down at her daughter's brunette locks and running her hand through, "Mommy! No, please." Her daughter whined pushing off her mother's hand away from her hair and re-tucking her hair back behind her ears before smoothing it all down.