𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐝𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 (𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞)

JUST A FLUFF

Summary: Wilhemina came home feeling extra soft for you.

___

It was later than usual when Wilhemina Venable came home tonight. Hearing the door closed and keys thrown in the little rattan bowl on top of the entryway table, you pried off your eyes from the monitor of your computer, glancing over the open door of your shared office space with your partner and hoping she would come by and greet you before she do any of her business for the night.

Your hopeful eyes basked in the sight of the redhead appearing in the doorway just a few seconds after removing her coat off, waltzing inside the office where she knew you would be at the time of the night. She knew you were waiting, always waiting for her to come home. Alas, a closed lip smile had taken over her plum painted lips, one that reached her eyes as it glistened softly, throwing you the warmest look that she could give. One of her ways to tell you how she appreciated the simple gesture you did for her, silently telling you that she adored you for it.

Your lips reflected the same joy, gingerly backing the chair and standing, walking past your table to engulf the woman. Wilhemina met you halfway, opening one arm to place them around your back, as the other gripped on her cane. You framed her face with both hands and pulled her lower so your lips would meet hers. She was smiling through the kiss, finding how adorably funny that you had to pull her face down whilst you stood on your toes already but still having problems with the height difference.

"I made salad and seared some salmon. I'll go get the fish heat up, love." You said, pecking the corner of her lips. Just as when you were going to strut off to ready her dinner, Wilhemina pulled you to her, your hand flung over her chest and eyes widened in surprise.

"You're getting strong aren't you, Miss Venable?" Wilhemina rolled her eyes playfully, "Why don't you put away those papers first and turn off your computer then come have dinner with me again." With the way she was watching you, the blush on your cheeks could hardly be absent, and how your breath would suddenly halt in an instant, your heart fluttering hard, and this tingle that only grew palpable.

Gently tapping her chest, you gave her nod, "All right, just because I love you and waiting did make me hungry again." Wilhemina loved, achingly so when you bit on your lip, trying to hide your excitement whenever she came home but your eyes were giving it all away for her to feast on. She was a sucker for those squeals, how you would literary jump on her, it made her feel loved and so appreciated.

Letting you go, Wilhemina waited patiently. You organized the papers you unstapled, put the book marks between pages and closed them. Taking all three of them, you padded to the shelf on your right, which was your designated side of the room, pushing each one back into their places. She watched as your shirt ride up, suddenly wanting the warmth of your skin grazing over her fingertips and she would not deprive herself of that desire, not when she could simply do it.

So eventually, Wilhemina was pressed on your back, her free hand looping over your stomach underneath your shirt. Nose brushing on the back of your neck, sniffing the scent of your skin, and her nose was filled with the lavender and vanilla body wash that she bought because you told her one night that you liked how it smelled on her skin. The next day, Wilhemina went out to buy five bottles. She was smitten.

The giggles that escaped your throat sent shivers in the woman's body, her grip tightening around you. Moment like this was rare, too rare that it almost felt like a dream after a day or two. You would ask yourself if it really did happen. It was too good to even kept as a memory, you wanted to feel it all the time.

"Mina..." You whispered, already sounding out of breath, your own hand resting over her hand that was under the shirt and the other on the back of Wilhemina's head. She ignored you, because she knew you would only remind her about the dinner when in fact she already had one back at work, but of course, the woman profoundly love you ever so deep in her bones that she would rather eat two sets of meal during dinner than tell you the truth. She loved sharing those moments with you.

Her breath continued to ghost to the side of your neck and she placed her warm lips over the cold skin just right beside your jawbone. When your eyes were about to close that was when you heard a tiny sound coming from a tiny being, your brows furrowed at the silly thought of a pet invading your home. You tried to listen, anticipating on another sound but nothing followed, so you shook off the thought it was probably nothing.

Wilhemina knew you heard it perfectly clear, so before her surprised could be spoiled, she kissed gave you a kiss on your cheek the last time, "I stopped by at the local bakery shop this afternoon. I bought that muffin that you like. Actually, I bought a whole box of it and there's a little one waiting for you in our couch."

She was always thinking of you, she would never let the thought of you slide away. That was when she knew that she had fallen to the depth of your charms because even the littlest thing she could lay her eyes on would remind her of you.

You spun around in an instant, raising both brows at your fiancé. "I caved in. You win." Wilhemina's heart raced when she couldn't read your face even though she knew she made the right decision and adopt the kitten, since you had been giving her an inkling for a while now that you wanted to have an addition to the family, it didn't matter if it would be a dog or a cat, and she ignored it a dozen times.

The woman was impatient, she found them intolerable and annoying, as if the idea of having a pet was worse than a child. She was never fond of the furry beings, she never had been since she was once bitten by their family dog when she was seven.

Then she had deciphered that if it would make you happy then she would at least try to be, pushing away her fear and convincing herself that it wouldn't be like that again. And she had thought that cat was far more pleasant than an obnoxious dog.

In the living room, she watched you be awestruck with the tiny kitten sleeping in a blanket that Wilhemina wrapped it around earlier, "You got me a kitten?" it was like you were almost going to cry.

"I did, sweetheart. I did. I love you, (y/n)."

"I love you too, Mina."

After a while, you were leaning onto Wilhemina, your chin propped on her shoulder, the kitten had snuggled on your chest, grateful for your warmth. Wilhemina stroked your hair as held her book in one hand, reading it aloud to you, her eyes shifting onto you from time to time, and when she noticed you had dozed off she pressed a kiss on your forehead, and eyes landing over the kitten who was yawning, she crinkled her nose and a hint of smile appeared on her lips.

"Poo in my bed and you're out, mister. That charm of yours isn't going to last long on me."

"Mina, don't bully the cat." You said in defense for the little one, curling further into the redhead and holding onto the cat. Mina. My Mina. She would hear you say in her head and it made her feel teary, overwhelmed by the love and the idea of her little family. A family where she belonged.

A/N: another irrelevant question. would you like another Diane Sherman x reader mini fic (book)?