12.

You couldn't sleep that night and kept thinking about Taehyung. You scrolled through your phone to find a special album that had your favorite photos of you and Taehyung ever since you were kids till date when you were high schoolers and still best friends.

The first time you met him when you were four in a children's park. The little kid had come with his mom and you had come with your mom too. Your respective mothers instantly became friends due to the similarities their lives shared. Both of them having toddlers running around and working part time to support their family. 

And when they would meet and talk, you and Taehyung were left to play on a children's carpet with toys and pillows all around you, sometimes in your house and sometimes in his house. His mother was the sweetest and most affectionate person you had ever met.

She would often buy you gifts, sweets and snacks. Her choices of birthday gifts were always the best. Your mom in return would buy Taehyung the kindest gifts ever. Gifts you knew she would never buy you. Your mom had a special place in her heart for Taehyung. So you both grew up like siblings. Often in the same house, you and Taehyung went to the same kindergarten, primary school, middle school and high school.

But you weren't sure if you would go to the same college. Taehyung wanted to become an actor and act in historical dramas , and you wanted to become a writer. A good one that is. Not the kind of writers who write smut and fanfiction on Wattpad. (A/N - Self diss)

The first invitation to your birthday parties would always be each other. And the only person you would tell your birthday wish to was each other. The gifts were always special and had a deep meaning to them. And gift giving was something that happened often between you two.

You once even saved up your pocket money to buy him a Gucci shirt. Reason being it would look good on him and suit him perfectly. Your predictions were very true. Taehyung looked like a runway model in the shirt. So sexy, hot and amazingly perfect. Taehyung loved it so much, that the brand was something he often shopped from, then on. Yeah yeah, he is a rich ass.

When you were 13, a few boys from middle school were talking to Taehyung about you in the locker room. You stood behind the door and eavesdropped on them. 

A boy named Yoongi asked him, "Tae don't you and Y/N have feelings for each other? I see you a lot around each other and you both look extremely happy too."

Tae replied saying, "No hyung, I don't have feelings for her and neither does she. We're just friends."

At that time, you didn't care about those words, instead were happy that Tae defended you pure friendship. At that time you didn't have romantic feelings for him. You hadn't fallen in love with him. Yet.

The present you though, would love to disagree. The words that didn't have a huge effect then, had an effect now. They stung more than a million bee stings. They burned your skin faster than the fire could. They drowned you deeper in the ocean every time you thought about them.

Back to the present, you were scrolling through the photos but found one in particular more adorable than the rest. The one where you and Taehyung were eight years old, and were sitting on the school ground have ice cream. The ice cream smeared all over both your faces. You chuckled at your innocence and scrolled further.

These pictures were the best memories you had of your childhood and early teenage. Every single good and happy memory, Taehyung was a part of it somehow. He found a way to make you happy during the darkest times and you were thankful to have him.

Some part of you was afraid that these new feelings rising in you would destroy your camaraderie in such a way that you can never fix it. Some part of you just wanted to burry all your feelings and emotions and extinguish them so you could protect a long friendship. Losing him was your biggest fear. And you were scared that your fears would come true. 

If they did come true, you had no one to go to, that much was sure. You had no other friend you could trust. No other person who would understand you the way he did.

Your thoughts became wild and the sleepiness got the best of you, and so your opened your recorder, clutched the purple bracelet Taehyung gave you a few weeks ago in your hand, and spoke,

"Tae, I know this is the last thing you wanted to hear now. But I have to say it. I-I like you okay? Actually I'm in love with you.. I don't want you as a best friend anymore. I want you to be my boyfriend. And I want to be your girlfriend. I want to be with you forever. Get married, have babies and that too how many ever you want, even five is fine with me. I wanna raise them with you, pack lunches for you and our kids, watch them grow up while growing old with you. I know you don't feel the same way and that's okay, but tonight I wanna tell you, Kim Taehyung, that I love you so much and you have my heart, soul and body. Even if you don't want it. Even if you don't return it."

As you were about to send it, a voice spoke inside of you.

"What the hell are you doing Y/N? If Tae finds out you have been crushing on him he is going to end your friendship forever. He isn't going to see you at all. Look at you. Don't you think he deserves someone better? Someone who doesn't have her emotions messed up. Someone who looks better and is worthy of carrying and giving birth to his children?"

These thoughts got the better of you..

Taehyung received no message that night.