23.

"Tae - Taehyung?"

He looked at you with hopelessness and guilt. His eyes that were now red from crying carrying the weight of his past actions.

You slowly started to walk towards him with questioning eyes, and came to a stop when you were a few inches away from him. You just looked at him with a stoic expression and didn't speak a single word, because you didn't want to stutter.

Your heart broke at him looking so miserable. But you were also afraid that he would push you away and treat you like trash the moment you let him in.

Oh how the tables have turned. It was just six months ago when you stood at his front porch with the same miserable look in your eyes. And just a few months later, history repeats itself the other way around. The karma is real.

"What are you doing here Taehyung?", you asked breaking the silence.

"Aera and I broke up", he choked out trying not to cry.

"Oh", what were you supposed to do if they broke up.

"She cheated on me.. like many times with many guys over these 6 months", you could see he wanted to hold back his tears so much.

Taehyung didn't like to appear weak or share his problems with anyone. But, you were always an exception. He always came running to you every time he needed someone, just like today. A part of knew that Taehyung would come back to you someday. You just didn't think it would be this soon.

Even though he was crying right in front you, you didn't know if you should hold him. You and just started healing and if you trusted him again and he hurt you, you would go back to square one.

"That's a shame she cheated on you Taehyung"

He hated that you called him with his full name. He wanted you to call him Tae or Taetae, just like you would when you were best friends. He missed you, your affection, your touch and everything else. Well, he did this to him himself.

That choice he made 6 months ago was so wrong and if he could he would go back and change everything he said to you. The time had gone by though.

"I was miserable. Miserable about everything that I said and did to you"

"When I found out she was cheating on me, I realized how wrong I was to choose her over you", he continued speaking while letting small sobs out.

"I realized that you were the one I wanted to be with, but - but after that night I didn't have the guts to approach you"

"It's all in the past Taehyung and what has happened has already happened"

"When you left, I was left with nothing too. I lost the one thing that mattered the most to me",you didn't want to cry in front of him and so proceeded to open the door and walk inside.

"No wait", he stopped you before you could close the door.

"That is why I'm here. I know that made the biggest possible mistake in my life. But I want to fix it Y/N"

"Do you really think it's going to be that easy to fix everything Tae?", you questioned him and he looked up with a small smile when he heard the nick name leave your mouth. The smile was hiding immense sadness though.

"Y/N I know I ducked up big time but cam you please just give me another chance?", he cried out the last part "Please just give me a last chance"

When you didn't say anything his knees gave out and he fell to the floor crying his entire body shaking.

You did feel sad for him. These past months must have affected him as bad as they affected you. You at least had Jimin to hold you when you were bawling your eyes, poor thing Taehyung probably had no one.

So, you bent down and wrapped your arms around him holding him and when you felt him starting to relax, you said,

"I can say that both of us have been through a lot these past months and what you did was completely shitty", he looked up at you waiting for your next words hoping they were words ge wanted to hear  and they were.

"But I think you deserve an another chance to be my friend. I'll unblock on all the sites and we'll see how it goes"

"I don't know if anything will go back to how it was 6 months ago Tae", you went on looking at the boy in front of you "but I wanna be friends again".

He wrapped his arms around you and muttered a quiet 'thank you' to you.

The both of you stayed there hugging each other under your front porch light for sometime after which you took him inside and made hot chocolate for the both of you to drink.

You didn't know if you did the right thing by opening your arms to Taehyung again. You weren't sure whether everything would go back to normal. But you were willing to try. You wanted to try.

Because Taehyung would always be the guy you would want to call your best friend.

You did not have romantic feelings for the boy anymore. You knew you didn't when he put his arms around you and your heart didn't do a somersault. But just cause you didn't like him that way anymore didn't mean you didn't like him at all.

Taehyjnv was the kind of person you could never hate. Never, even if he stabbed you in the back a million times and made lose everything you've ever had.

You couldn't hate that guy. How could you when he once was your everything? When you knew that each of you would find each other till the end?

A/N - Hey ppl!! Taehyung's back..

One Choice | Taehyung & Jimin X Reader - Army Fabricsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें