14.

You walked into Hotel Pizzeria with Jimin. It was a new restaurant in town and Jimin really wanted to eat there and you accepted his choice. He was doing so much for these days, the least you could do was eat at a restaurant he wanted to eat dinner at.

The both of you sat down in a two seater table, on opposite sides. The waiter arrived and gave you both the menu. The options were a lot and the price too was a lot.

"Damn this place is expensive", you exclaimed to Jimin.

"It wasn't this expensive when I came here last week. The prices must have increased due to the popularity", he replied.

You decided to get a Pepperoni pizza and an Oreo milkshake, while Jimin decided on a sausage pizza with extra cheese and a Chocolate shake with whipped cream.

As you gave your orders and waited for your food to arrive, you looked around the restaurant and spotted Taehyung. With Aera. Guess he wasn't feeling like going to dinner with YOU. Cause he seemed awfully comfortable with her.

The two of them were across the table a few seats away from you and Jimin, laughing about something they both found funny. Your eyes met with Taehyung's for a few seconds but he just turned his head away seeing right through you. Like you didn't exist and he just saw a stranger.

You looked down at the chopsticks clutched in your hand as the food arrived. Jimin started eating but you didn't, you couldn't. You just stared at Aera and Taehyung with so much of anger, jealousy and self pity in your eyes.

It wasn't long before Jimin noticed you weren't eating anything. He looked up at you and followed your eyes, leading to Taehyung and the girl. He let out a sigh regretting coming here. He wanted to come here so he could help you clear your mind off things, not bring it back and remind you of the guy who had ditched you for a brand new girl who was probably just exciting for now.

He tapped your shoulder reaching across the table and caught your attention.

"You really should eat something you know"

"I just lost my appetite all of a sudden Jimin", you looked at him with glossy eyes. He must think you were miserable. Not the kind of impression you wanted to make, especially with someone as charming and charismatic as Jimin. You liked to come off as a strong and confident but kind and caring girl. 

"Do you wanna go home Y/N? Some sleep may help", he asked you with affectionate eyes.

"Not really Jimin. Being alone does not take my mind off thing. It reminds me more of.. them", you pointed at Taehyung and Aera who still hadn't stopped laughing.

"Y/N.."

You looked at him and he looked guilty, guilty about hiding something from you.

"What is it Jimin?", you asked in a calm and collected voice, even though you were going to have a panic attack any moment.

"Now that we're on the topic, I think you should know about it"

"Know what?"

"Today in school, I was walking out of my music class when I overheard some people talking. It was about Taehyung. They were saying.."

"Saying..?", you prompted him to go on.

"They said Taehyung was going to ask Aera out tomorrow. After school, in the rooftop."

You dropped the chopsticks onto the now stale pizza. Wow. It really was over isn't it. From a very young age, you heard about friends growing apart for different reasons. But, you never thought it would happen to you and Taehyung. You trusted your relationship with him, but more than that, you trusted him. You never thought he would be the kind of guy who would throw away more than a decade's friendship for a schoolboy crush.

"What's the point anyway, I lost him the moment she came in", bitterness coated your voice to no end. "He can do whatever he wishes to do".

"That is not what I meant Y/N".

You looked at him a little confused. What else did he mean?

"What did you mean Jimin? There is only one obvious meaning to what you said", Jimin seemed slightly taken aback. You didn't mean to come off that harsh. But your emotions were all over the place and you wanted to cry. But at the same time, you also didn't want to cry right now, in front of all these people. In a place Taehyung could see you easily.

A few months ago, Taehyung was the person you'd run to when you wanted to cry or were feeling low. Oh how time could change things so easily. Now you were on the verge of crying in a crowded restaurant because of him.

Jimin broke the silence after a few seconds of looking at you looking at your untouched food. "I meant you should confess about your feeling to him Y/N"

"What? Why would I do it now? When he is going to ask out another girl?"

"Because", he continued "you and I know you won't be able to move on unless you get it out. Think about it Y/N, I don't think you have much to lose anyways"

And on the taxi ride back home, you thought about what Jimin said. Taehyung had shown it to you that he didn't care anymore. He had not been affected about this separation from you. So what could a confession about you liking him do at the most? Especially when the distance between you two was increasing day by day?

Guess Jimin was right the whole time.

A/N - Pls follow my account so you won't miss any updates.