15.

After a long thinking and sleepless night, you stood in front of Taehyung's house at 7.30 AM not knowing how to face him. 

You knocked once and waited to get no response. You knocked again, but no response now either. You knocked again and when you were about to leave, the door opened.

The door opened and revealed Aera.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS SHE DOING AT TAEHYUNG'S PLACE AT 7.30 IN THE MORNING??

"A-Aera?", you blurted out utterly surprised.

"Hi! Y/N right?", she asked.

"What are you doing here?", you asked timidly.

"Oh! Taehyung asked me to stay over at his place last night"

"Ohh", Good job Taehyung. Ignored me to hang out with her and also had a sleepover? GOOD JOB!

"I, anyways am going to leave now. See you at school Y/N. Byee", she walked away giving you a cheerful yet sly smile. God you hated her so fucking much.

You just stood there still in shock over what you'd seen when you heard Taehyung's voice call you. You looked up and saw wearing a black T-shirt that you'd gifted him for his birthday last year and grey sweatpants.

"Hey", he greeted you confusedly.

"Hi, can I come in?"

"Sure come on", he opened the door wider and let you inside the house.

You both sat on his couch an awkward silence surrounding you both. Looked like neither of you wanted to start the conversation. There were so many elephants in the room and you wished you could bring back that mutual understanding between the both of you, where you just would look at him and he would understand what you were trying to say.

That, had obviously vanished into thin air now.

"Tae, it's been long since I've seen you. How are you?", you took a step forward and started the conversation first.

"Great Y/N, how - how have you been?", he asked not even looking you in the eye.

"Tae, what's going on? You haven't been the same. You don't pick up my calls, don't answer my texts like you used to. Now it's just one or two words. You are even avoiding my company completely. You've changed Tae and I don't like seeing you like this"

"I haven't changed Y/N and is this why you came here? Early in the morning?"

"No", you wanted to cry so badly. He was being so cold. As if it is a different soul in Taehyung's body. You missed the bubbly and cheerful Taehyung so much.

"I came here to tell you something"

"What is it Y/N?"

You took a deep breath and told yourself it's now or never, that you have nothing to lose and replayed Jimin's encouraging words in your head before starting to speak with your eyes closed not daring to look at the boy in front of you.

"I think you should know this", you hesitated before going on "I like you, I like you more than a friend. In fact I have fallen in love with you, and have loved you for two years now. I know that you do not feel the same way and have feeling for someone else. I know this is the most shitty time to bring this up. But I have no choice Tae. I have to say this now"

"And it's okay for you to reject me, but can we please just continue being friends?", you rambled on "I don't wanna lost this friendship with you"

Once you had said everything you wanted to say, you opened your eyes and looked at Taehyung.

He was looking at the floor. His fingers entangled in each other his elbow resting on his thigh. He seemed to be in a deep thought and  then he look up at you. And he looked guilty?

"Y/N.. I - I don't know how to say this but I don't think we should be friends anymore"

"W - WHAT??"

Did he really say that? Did he really not want you in his life anymore? After everything you both have been through together?

"I just don't think it would be right to be friends with someone who has feelings for me when I have feelings for someone else. It's not fair. Not fair on you, me or her"

"Her? Aera?"

"Tae do you really think she's the right kinda girl for you? If you do, then you're wrong. She looks deceiving and sly and I'm pretty sure she is going to break your hea-"

"JUST STOP Y/N", he cut you off by yelling.

"This is why I said I don't wanna be friends. If you hang out with me and Aera, you're just going to ruin our relationship by being a jealous bitch?", you could not believe a single word he said.

Where was the Taehyung who loved you and took care of you?

Where was the Taehyung who read you stories and bought you ice cream?

Where was the Taehyung who bought you a purple friendship bracelet that you were still wearing? But he was not.

Where was the Taehyung who would punch anyone who called you a bitch.

This Taehyung though just metaphorically punched you in the face by calling you a jealous bitch. A bitch, really?

"Tae are you really throwing away our friendship that's worth years?", you sobbed looking at him. 

The both of you were standing facing each other on each end of the couch in his living room.

He didn't respond to you immediately but just stared at the coffee table in between both of you. You however didn't miss the slight nodding of his head indicating a yes to your question.

It was as if the world had slapped, punched and kicked you against the guts. Everything seemed to fade away. All the years of happy memories and moments. Everything spinning and being taken away by a massive tornado leaving behind nothing but invisible coldness and lost thoughts.

You couldn't think clearly. You couldn't get any words out of your mouth an just stared at the wall wanting answers to the situation. Dammit, you couldn't even cry. It was like your entire body, brain and soul stop functioning completely.

After standing in the spot for what felt like a million decades but was probably just a few mins you cleared your throat and looked at Taehyung, your eyes cold and piercing.

"Goodbye Taehyung", you muttered but you know he had heard it.

He looked at you with apologetic eyes but you just walked past him towards the front door. Once you were at his front porch, you looked back at him and said 

"I hope you and Aera just go to hell", you turned and walked away leaving a distraught Taehyung behind

You hoped you looked confident on the outside because your insides were twisting and turning you. You wanted to throw up at the thought of him and Aera but now you felt so pathetic and poorly treated that you ran all the way back home.

You entered your house, ran up the stairs to your bedroom, fell on your bed and let the sobs out.

You cried there like a ghost shaking uncontrollably with no one to hold you.

And you probably cried till the evening or until your bedroom door opened and you saw him walking in with pitiful eyes.

A/N - Please vote 🥺🙏