28.

"Miss.. Y/N?"

"Yes?", you looked up at your co worker who looked hesitant to disturb you.

"You have a visitor here to meet you"

A visitor? It could only be two people. Jimin and Taehyung. And you didn't want to meet both of them. Jimin because you're yet to tell him about Taehyung kissing you, you thought it may upset him and would make him back away. 

Taehyung because, well he kissed you. 

Now you apparently had two handsome boys who like you, romantically. And you have had some sort of feelings for them at some part of your life...

"Do you know who it is?", you asked her.

"He said his name was Kim Taehyung"

Fuck.

After skipping school today, you didn't think you would have to face him until tomorrow. But guess fate had different plans for you. Taehyung was literally standing outside your workplace and you knew he wouldn't leave until he saw you.

You untied your apron and made your way toward the exit door, and found Taehyung sitting on the pavement with a bouquet of white roses. You cleared your throat and he looked up at you. Standing up, he stretched out his arms towards you indicating for you to take the bouquet of flowers.

You raised your eyebrows at him, shaking your head not accepting the apology. Did he really think flowers would make up for kissing you forcefully yesterday evening?

He sighed defeated and motioned towards the shop, "I wanna apologize to you for yesterday Y/N. But not here in the street so can we talk this through inside?"

You stared at him but then accepted his request and asked him to enter the bakery. The both of you sat in a table and you asked your co worker if she could bring some pastries for you. You said you will pay but Taehyung beat you to it and paid for the dessert himself. He called it his 'apology treat'.

Once you were seated with strawberry pastries in front of you, Taehyung began talking.

"Y/N", he called for you.

You looked up at him but didn't say a word hoping he would continue talking, and he did.

"I wanna say sorry for yesterday. I - I don't know what came over me yesterday"

"I don't know either Tae", you sighed, "You were so.. different"

"I know and I'm sorry again but I was just so jealous you know. I really was hoping you would say yes. But.. you didn't and when you told me you kissed Jimin, I just didn't know what came over me"

"But why did you do it?", you asked further.

"I guess I wanted to be in his place. That's the only logical explanation I can give you Y/N"

"Tae you know that I had feelings for you a few months ago. But, a lot of things have happened since then and I don't think.. I don't think I feel the same anymore"

He looked at you sadly but also understanding.

"Yeahh if only I had not rejected you, what could have been"

"Tae I'm so sorry"

"No Y/N I should be the one saying sorry for leaving you alone six months ago, and just bombarding you with my emotions yesterday. It should be me who should say sorry"

You could clearly see he was upset and trying so hard to not cry. He avoided eye contact with you and kept staring at his half-eaten pastry. You reached out across the table to hold his hand and he looked up at you, urgently blinking away the tears and giving you a smile. But, you knew that smile. It contained his effort of trying to hide his helplessness in this situation.

Taehyung and you finished your pastries in utter silence, though you couldn't help stealing glances at him to see if he was okay. Once you finished eating, you got back to your work which lasted for about 30 mins before you could go home. 

Taehyung waited all the while in the same table, giving you a smile every time you would look at him. Once upon a time, this was very common. And you were glad things were getting back to normal like they were before because even though you didn't have romantic feelings for him anymore, you still wanted him as your best friend.

Taehyung said he will walk you home and you couldn't disagree, some company would be really appreciated.

"I spoke to Jimin", he said as you started walking.

"Jimin? Where? About what?"

"At school today. Um - about us kissing yesterday?"

You came to a stop right then in the middle of the pavement and looked at Taehyung incredulously.

"You did what?"

"Calm down Y/N. I wasn't a huge deal. I told Jimin that we um - kissed and.."

"AND????"

You were pretty sure your eyes were just about to pop out, that's how wide they were.

"Well, I told him that I kinda did it without your approval and also apologized to him so he did understand", Taehyung continued.

"He also wanted to talk to you about but I told him I yet to sort things out with you"

"And so?"

"So he agreed to not talking to you about it until we sort things out.."

Oh! That explains why Jimin hadn't called you today. You though he would call to at least enquire on your absence at school, but he didn't. And now you knew why. It was because Taehyung asked him not to and being the kind hearted guy he is, he must have agreed.

"Thanks for letting me know and talking to Jimin, Tae", you smiled up at him "I really didn't have any idea on how to face him"

"He is a nice guy Y/N. You shouldn't have been worried"

"That he is"

"You must really like him huh?", he asked you and you looked up at him.

"I think I do Tae. I really like Jimin", a blush spread across your face as you said his name.

"That's great. You deserve someone like him Y/N. Someone who would be there by you all the time, someone who would understand you", he was smiling, but his eyes contained sorrow, but he seemed to be accepting of the situation.

"Thanks Tae", you reached your house and stopped outside the door.

"I'll see you in school tomorrow?"

"Yes. I'll see you too"

"Bye Y/N/N"

You entered your house and texted Jimin about everything, from last night's kiss to today's conversation at your work place. He was quite understanding of the kiss and thanked you for choosing him, even though he didn't have to. 

As you laid in your bed at night, you thought about all the different things life had brought upon you. These were things that only happened in teen romance movies, but now it was happening in your real life. However, one thing was sure, you now had Taehyung and Jimin by your side and for that you were thankful. 

A/N - Hey peeps. So, I changed the name of the book from HIS CHOICE to ONE CHOICE, just cause I thought it was better fitting :))

One Choice | Taehyung & Jimin X Reader - Army FabricsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara