14

Ever since then, Jihyo would spent her free time with Y/N and the guards. She indeed got closer with the guards and Y/N. She was beyond happy. She was constantly beside Y/N that when she gets sleepy, Y/N would carry her like a princess and carry her to her room, tucking her in for the night.

The guards got suspicious of Y/N's and Jihyo's relationship that they asked Ace to get a sneak peek but Ace, the sweet boy that he is, he told them "Even if they are together, it's their privacy. Leave them be. One of them will tell us when they want to.

After a few weeks, Jihyo was alone with the guards when she said that she has a crush on Y/N and now the guards laugh at the fact of how dumb Y/N was when it comes to love.

Knowing the news, they too now join forces with Nayeon and Jeongyeon to get the two together.

They would try their hardest to get Y/N and Jihyo alone together most of the time and believe them when they say "it was easy".

Nayeon and Jeongyeon would pretend to fight so they would 'normally' walk away from the area while as for the guards, they try their best to get busy so they won't be around much or they would finish their task as quickly as possible so Jihyo has more time with Y/N.

They were already halfway through November and the guards were still shock how Y/N was still clueless/unaware.

Monday:

Jihyo on the other hand was still doubting herself if she should confess or not. Everyone even herself says yes but she doesn't know what's stopping her.

"you shouldn't let someone ruin your chance at love"

"my star is right here with me"

"you're adorable, Jihyo"

Her head was in a mess. The words of Y/N kept replaying in her mind but as soon as she thinks of it, those next thoughts then came..

"if I were you, I wouldn't confess"

"I chose my job over her"

Jihyo tries to figures out why Y/N does things that make her feel so special then makes her feel so unwanted the next, why Y/N chose her job over her ex, what is Y/N thinking.

"what have you done to me, Y/N.." Jihyo thought to herself as she looked out her balcony at up to the beautiful stars in the sky.

"hey, Jihyo. Everything okay?" Y/N stood beside Jihyo.

"yeah, why do you ask?"

"you didn't join me on my duty today. I didn't thought about it much. You know, just thought you were tired from school but anyways, I just wanted to check up on you"

"school was just more tiring than ever" Jihyo faked her smile and her reason. She wondered why Y/N hasn't been able to tell. She's been sending so many signals and literally everyone helped out, wasn't it too obvious already?

"can I ask about Chaeyoung? Please" Jihyo asked in a soft tone and Y/N nodded.

"why did you chose the one you love over a job?"

"my duties comes first before my own heart"

"your duty is to your heart. your duty is to protect your feelings and stand up for it. so why didn't you?"

"I don't rely much on my feelings. It won't get the work done"

"so you're more loyal to your job, is that it?" and Y/N just nods in response.

"i wish it could be different where i didn't have to choose between my job and her. if only things were different, i'll still have here but i guess we weren't meant to be together" Y/N said.