16

The maids were all having their break together when they heard a weird noise.

"what's that noise?" one of the maids asked.

"I'm not sure"

"good morning, here's the food"

"thank you, Ace"

Although he has been promoted to one of the guards, he still continued his morning routine of delivering food for the maids. As the saying goes, "never forget where you came from. It made the person you are today"

~

Here's a backstory, Ace was actually raised in this house since birth because his mom worked here as the head of the maids. How?

Ace's dad used to work here as one of the bodyguards but when Ace's mom was pregnant with him, it was soon revealed that he has been cheating for a long period of time. Mr Kim was furious and fired him on the spot and gave shelter for both the unborn child and his mom.

Ace then followed his mom everywhere she went and since young, he was a fast-learner so he picked up a thing or two and started helping his mom and other maids when he was around 4 years old.

He always got bullied by the kids at school for not being as strong as boys should be so eventually, he stopped going to school. Mr Kim finding out and decided to put him as homeschooled but taught by professional professors. Although Ace was weak in terms of strength, he was very strong in IQ.

And now, he is 23 years old. He has already done national service and he has a choice to go to university(in which his mom and him will stop working for Mr Kim but still under the care of him from time to time) but he refuses and decided to stay to repay by fully commiting to work for Mr Kim.

He swore that no matter what he will always protect his mom first above others. A sweet boy indeed.

~

"you're welcome, mom" Ace said and his mom gave him a kiss on the forehead.

"Aye, Ace! Let's go!" one of the guards shouted from afar.

"I gotta go, mom. I love you" Ace gave his mom a hug before leaving.

"I love you too. Now go"

"such a sweet young boy" one of the old maids said.

"you're one lucky mother" the other old maid said.

"I really am blessed" the mother smiled, "now what were you talking about some noise?"

"ah right, the noi-",, "there it is again" one of the old maids continued.

"oh I see" the mother chuckled.

"it's so loud" the other old maid complained.

The mother couldn't help but smile. She can't get mad at them when they are that old.

"it's just the girls' snoring. They must have taken an all-nighter" the mother explained.

"youngsters nowadays" the old maid sighed.

Once the maids had their break, they went back to work while mother went to wake the girls up. She followed the sound and it lead to Nayeon's room. She opened the door slowly and saw the girls over one another in deep sleep. She decided to let them sleep for awhile longer so she closed back the door and continued with her work.

Not long after, a loud ring awoken the girls.

"yah!" Nayeon getting annoyed by the sound and pushed Jihyo (who was on top of her) away.

"unnie, your phone!" Jihyo pushed Jeongyeon's face.

"okay! okay!" Jeongyeon got up and walked to her phone annoyingly.