The New Royals

"Come along now Freya or we'll be late." Cedric said to his apprentice. "Yes sir Mr Cedric. I still think it's awful how the king asked you to put on a flower show, you're a sorcerer, not a magic act." said Freya as she sat on her broom floating down the stairs. "While it is a pity we don't get the respect we deserve, we can't disobey the king." said Cedric rather reluctantly, and then added, eyeing the witch's broom, "You do realise you'll have to stand later, right?" "Oh come on sir, you can't have forgotten that I can't walk!" "I only remember all too well the time you tripped on Wormy. You'll be able to walk tomorrow anyway.". 

                  Freya sat next to Cedric who stood next to the royal family, and the 10 year old witch watched as the new princess was revealed. She gave a small scoff and rolled her eyes. She noticed that Princess Amber also shared the same frown she had. She held her fan and was beating her hand with it. As the new princess walked up the stairs, Prince James said to Amber, "Uh oh, looks like someone's not gonna be the fairest in the land anymore!" and Freya snickered, to James' amusement and Amber's exasperation. The king gave the kids a pep talk, and the new queen and princess bowed to the family. Freya turned away as the king gave his queen a kiss on the hand. "Hey there!" said the new princess excitedly. "Uh- good morrow Sofia." James greeted, and Sofia said, "Great morrow Prince James! Princess Amber! I'm so excited we're sisters!" "Step sisters." Amber replied. 

                 "Ouch, that's a little harsh princess." Freya said floating in. "Ooh! You're the sorceress in training aren't you?" but they were interrupted by Queen Miranda, and Baileywick the castle stuart announced the new royals to the cheers of the crowd. Cedric then stepped up, and chanted, "Grow hee flora!" but instead of flowers, down poured a thunderstorm. "Cedric, I said flowers, not showers." King Roland criticised.  "Oh, excuse me your highness I'm still getting the hang of my new wand." Cedric explained. Freya heard the king explain to the new royals, "That's Cedric our royal sorcerer, he comes from a long line of royal sorcerers, so, we're stuck with him.". Freya made a disapproving look, and approached the sorcerer, wand raised, "Should I?" "No no, I've got this!". His wand released a spark which bounced and hit the storm cloud, turning the rain into flower petals. Princess Sofia enjoyed it, but the king and stewart rolled their eyes at him. Then Freya nearly toppled off her broom when the new princess suddenly yelled, "HIIII!! HELLOOO!!" while waving her hand in the least elegant way possible.  

               They went in, and Freya raised an eyebrow when Sofia began curtsying at all the servants. When the princess suddenly stopped, Freya said, "Wait Mr Cedric-" but the sorcerer bumped into the princess causing the wand to release a spell making a suit of armour vanish. "Child, watch where you're dawdling." Cedric lectured. Sofia gasped, "Mr Ceedric!!" "It's Cedric, as in C-eh-dric." "It's so great to meet a real live sorcerer! That flower trick was uh-mazing!" "If by uh-mazing you mean a complete waste of my talent then yes thank you, I should be out slaying dragons, battling ogres, but noooo King Roland has me doing parlour tricks when I should be-!" Cedric said as he vanished a curtain, a display cabinet, and himself. "Uh... Mr Ceedric?" Sofia said. "Oh boy... he's got to be somewhere in the castle." said Freya. "Oh! Freeya!" "It's Freya! Now excuse me while I find the royal sorcerer." "Why are you riding a broom indoors?" "Rolled my ankle the other week. See ya!" Freya said as she zoomed off.

                 Freya zoomed all throughout the castle, but stopped at the royal jewel room. She loved it in there, for one there were so many shiny and sparkly things she loved to look at, and the griffins up top that guarded the jewels. She often snuck in to feed them extra dinner scraps. She opened the door, and was surprised to see the king inside. The king too was startled to see her. "Can I help you Freya?" "Oh it's nothing your majesty, just looking for Cedric, he's vanished himself and I just stopped by the jewel room." "Well come in, I have something to ask you. You're a girl of simple taste, what kind of jewelry would fit a village girl who became royalty?" Girl of simple taste? She was a witch from Freezenburg not a village peasant. But nonetheless, "You're asking my opinion? Hm... that sapphire one looks pretty." "Indeed, what about this ruby one?" "Oh, what's that?" a white glow came from one of the mannequins. A purple amulet lay on it. "This should be the one! My outgoing older sister used to wear this.". Freya kept eyeing the amulet. With a realisation, she said hurriedly, "Well then, I'd better get going!" "Alright then, good luck finding Cedric.".