The Jewel Thief

Another ball called for another night of dressing up. Freya watched as Amber was looking through various gowns and jewellery. Freya would be wearing the same dress she wore to Sofia's welcome ball, with a few sewing touch ups. That was when the king called Amber out.

                    Freya tagged along with Amber and Sofia, and they ended up at the castle jewel room. Turns out as a treat, the princesses could pick a jewel to wear to to the ball. "Come on Freya, let's get picking." said Amber eagerly. "I'm fine with my own bracelet." said the young witch, holding up a lapis lazuli bracelet which was given to her by princess Astrid. 

                   Amber still insisted that Freya help her choose a jewel to wear, even promising to lend her one of her own jewellery in return. It was nothing though, as Amber ended up choosing a huge golden necklace. Sofia ended up choosing a charming bracelet. Just then, Constable Miles came over to inform the king of the royal inspection he had to do. As they all left the jewel room though, no one noticed as the doors closed, a baby griffin just escaped.

                    In Sofia's bedroom, Freya was sitting next to Sofia and Amber on the floor, using her hand mirror to see her reflection as she tried on her jewellery from her jewellery box. Amber said, "Oh Freya, what you need is more options. These accessories are so last month." "Kind of hard when I only have 2 sets of earrings, 1 hairpin and 1 bracelet.". Amber said, "Don't you have that emerald necklace Hildegard gave you? And plus, I told you, I can lend you mine." 'Wow, the princess who wants everything she sees is willing to share?".

                    The princess frowned, "If you don't want it you can just say so." she said in a huff. "Alright alright miss princess, I'll accept the offer." said Freya. Amber then changed the topic, saying how the sparkly necklace made her eyes even more sparkly. And when Sofia commented on how she loved the bracelet she picked, Amber suggested they swap jewels. Hearing this, Sofia reluctantly removed her amulet to put on Amber's necklace. 

                    It seems very simple. Freya could swipe Sofia's amulet then and there. She moved to pick it up, but Amber called her and asked if she could try on Freya's bracelet. Freya ran over, and unbeknownst to any of them, a small creature jumped onto the dresser where the amulet was and took it, leaving a scratch behind.

                     Sofia was distraught when she couldn't find the amulet, and they were all confused at the scratch mark. Freya and Amber went out to search for it. Well, Amber said she was going to get someone to help search. They were just running along when they heard a loud scream coming from the dining hall. 

                      Curious, they went to see what was up, and met up with James and Sofia at the door. There was Violet, who explained in dismay that she had just set down the golden goblets on the table, but all of a sudden, they were gone. Sofia noticed scratches on the table, and remarked that on the table there were the same scratch marks as the one on her dresser. 

                        "What scratches on your dresser?" asked James. "There were scratches on Sofia's dresser when her amulet went missing." whispered Freya. "Your amulet's missing?!" "Yes James, try to keep up." said Amber as she rolled her eyes. Constable Miles entered, and deduced there must be a thief in the castle. After he left though, Sofia said that she would look for the thief herself, as she didn't want to disappoint her father by admitting she lost her amulet.

                      Amber and James wanted to help too, and Freya poofed outside to inform Cedric. He was with Wormwood, collecting potion ingredients. But every time Freya tried to get a word in, Cedric dismissed her as he kept finding more ingredients. Until they came near to the fountain, where the sorcerer spotted the baby griffin wearing Sofia's amulet.